× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

SMB issue on FW 6.5.0 RC2

gyves1
Luminary

SMB issue on FW 6.5.0 RC2

Hi,

Since the installation of the FW 6.5 RC2 on my ReadyNAS 312, I have a replicate of my shared folder under Windows10

Before with 6.4.2, everything was fine, all shared folders were showed only one time in my Windows 10 file browser

Capture d'écran 2016-05-04 18.11.33.png

Capture d'écran 2016-05-04 18.11.57.jpg

Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru

Re: SMB issue on FW 6.5.0 RC2

This is not a change in behavior for the NAS firmware..

You will see the data and home folder when you access the NAS using its admin credentials.  If you didn't see them before, then you weren't using the admin credentials.  

BTW they are not copies.  data\home\admin is the same folder as home\admin and admin.  Three paths to exactly the same folder.

Also it looks like you created a folder (HDX-18-Documents) directly in the data volume - without creating it as a share.  Was that intentional?

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5

All Replies
StephenB
Guru

This is not a change in behavior for the NAS firmware..

You will see the data and home folder when you access the NAS using its admin credentials.  If you didn't see them before, then you weren't using the admin credentials.  

BTW they are not copies.  data\home\admin is the same folder as home\admin and admin.  Three paths to exactly the same folder.

Also it looks like you created a folder (HDX-18-Documents) directly in the data volume - without creating it as a share.  Was that intentional?

Message 2 of 5
gyves1
Luminary

Thanks StephenB
I understand your explaination, but why now? why after the update and not before under 6.4.2 ?
Thanks for your remark about "HDX-18-Documents" folder, I don't know where this folder comes from? A ghost folder? I have checked the date, it's a very old folder, but I don't know why still alive...
Message 3 of 5
StephenB
Guru

@gyves1 wrote:

I understand your explaination, but why now? why after the update and not before under 6.4.2 ?

Possibly the NAS IP address changed and you entered different credentials when accessing?

I always use admin credentials, and I certainly saw those folders in 6.4.2.

@gyves1 wrote:

Thanks for your remark about "HDX-18-Documents" folder, I don't know where this folder comes from? 

Maybe just delete it then.

Message 4 of 5
gyves1
Luminary

Correct !

I have check on my Windows credentials list, I have found a credentials conflict for the same device: one as User and other one as Admin.

Probably, with the previous FW, my OS uses the User credentials and after the FW update , windows has switched to the admin

ReadyNAS_SMB_issue.png

Model: RN31200|ReadyNAS 300 Series 2- Bay
Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements