Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Cannot access frontview admin page

crystalbrittle
Aspirant

Cannot access frontview admin page

After uninstalling bittorrent and (music server?) apps, I can no longer access my frontview admin page. I have searched for answers on this forum, and it there are many people who had similar problems, but the solutions seem to be in PMs 😞

Someone also seemed to solve their problem by reading this link:

http://www.readynas.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=64&t=35920

but I can't access that :-((

I never enabled ssh, but I can access all of the readynas os files by mounting the drive in linux. Does anyone know how to manually copy over and install ssh? Or manually delete problematic conf files?

Summary: ReadyNAS Duo v1 no ssh no frontview

Thanks!

Model: RND2000v1|READYNAS DUO v1|EOL
Message 1 of 7

Accepted Solutions
crystalbrittle
Aspirant

Re: Cannot access frontview admin page

OK, so here is how I solved this, thanks to @mdgm-ntgr for pointing me to the right directory. I mounted one of my mirrored disks in linux, and checked the /etc/frontview/apache/addons directory and found two .conf files from the two addons I had previously removed. The contents of each file referenced directories that no longer existed. The files were: BitTorrent.conf & ReadyNAS_Photos.conf

I deleted them both, then shut down my ReadyNAS, reinserted the disk (by itself) and rebooted and Frontview now works fine! Lasly, I inserted the other disk and let it re-sync.

YES!

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 7

All Replies
StephenB
Guru

Can you access the data volume?  One (brute-force) approach would be to back up the data, and then just do a factory reset.

There is a guide on accessing the data volume here: http://home.bott.ca/webserver/?p=306

Message 2 of 7
crystalbrittle
Aspirant

Yes, I can definitely access the data, so that is an option, but I'd rather recover the settings too. Everything other than frontview is running fine, so I could also just let it run until something ugly happens.

Does anyone know what directories/files contain the settings? I saw a bunch of "frontview" folders... I also was able to read the logs and there was an error log with some apache errors, but they didn't immediately point to any culprits.

By the way, is anyone else still using their ReadyNAS Duo v1?? This is such a tank, have had very few issues over the years. I'm pretty mortified that I never got ssh working on it 😮

Message 3 of 7
StephenB
Guru

Lots of people still use v1s - I have an NV+ and a duo both in service as backup NAS.

The .conf files are generally in /etc.

Message 4 of 7
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

That thread you linked to has been archived due to its age. The problem config files left behind would be in /etc/frontview/apache/addons

Message 5 of 7
crystalbrittle
Aspirant

OK, so here is how I solved this, thanks to @mdgm-ntgr for pointing me to the right directory. I mounted one of my mirrored disks in linux, and checked the /etc/frontview/apache/addons directory and found two .conf files from the two addons I had previously removed. The contents of each file referenced directories that no longer existed. The files were: BitTorrent.conf & ReadyNAS_Photos.conf

I deleted them both, then shut down my ReadyNAS, reinserted the disk (by itself) and rebooted and Frontview now works fine! Lasly, I inserted the other disk and let it re-sync.

YES!

Message 6 of 7
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Yes, the EnableRootSSH add-on for RAIDiator 4 (Sparc) you linked to in your PM is the right one. The EnableRootSSH add-on requires that you are running a RAIDiator 4 release (which you are). It won't work with RAIDiator 3.x or earlier.

Use of SSH is at your own risk.

There are separate EnableRootSSH add-ons for RAIDiator-x86 4.2.x (x86) and RAIDiator-arm 5.3.x systems.

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements