Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

How to retrieve username and password for mycloud

Bigp-London
Aspirant

How to retrieve username and password for mycloud

I installed a ReadyNAS for a friend back in 2016 - he is using it for his business to store data centrally and also to allow remote access via the readycloud.

There is one user set up to be able to login remotely via the web.  (I do not recall doing  this for him but he claims it was not him)

He asked me to set up a new user to access the data remotely. 

I went into the NAS (and after a few firmware updates) clicked on the cloud option and then clicked on add user. 

I was told I had to add the user by the 'Ready Cloud' and so I clicked the link

We could not find which email address was set up as the main account (we tried several) - how can you find out which account is used so we can login and add a 2nd account? 

as a temporary fix, I suggested both users logged in using the same account and password that already exists. This account allows access to the NAS via a website but does not appear to exist as the 'admin' account so I can add further cloud users. 

I am hoping there is a quick way to find out account name - we will be able to reset the password as it should go back to one of his business accounts 

Help !! 

Model: RN10200|ReadyNAS 100 Series 2- Bay (Diskless)
Message 1 of 4
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: How to retrieve username and password for mycloud

Hi @Bigp-London

Welcome to the Community!

The Email address used by users are usually their MyNETGEAR Account where the NAS is also registered.

Were you able to check what Username was used for the Cloud service before? It might have been a ReadyCloud account which is not the one to be used anymore, you will have to migrate the ReadyCloud account to a MyNETGEAR account. Please see ReadyCloud SSO FAQ.

You can always create a MyNETGEAR account if you really can't get to the old Email used, make it the Admin account for ReadyCloud then you can add ReadyCloud users after. See Adding users and Sharing on ReadyCloud.

If you can PM the S/N of the device we might be able to check where it is registered then use that Email to use ReadyCloud.

Please note though that Firmware update should not remove the NAS from ReadyCloud, most likely ReadyCloud was not setup.

Regards

Message 2 of 4
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi @Bigp-London

Were you able to add a new ReadyCloud account?

Regards

Message 3 of 4
Bigp-London
Aspirant

Hi - sorry - not completed this yet 

The person who has the NAS lives a fair distance away. He did not remember his password, so we reset that for the initial account, hopefully, we will have a crack at this on Monday when he has a few spare minutes 

from what I recall we need to do is 

1. login as the old account and request an upgrade to the new account

2, remove the old account from the NAS

3. set up the new account on the NAS

4. I can then set up further cloud accounts on the NAS

Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements