Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RN214 Readycloud offline on web, OS 6.5

paulinde
Aspirant

RN214 Readycloud offline on web, OS 6.5

Have been able to access via Readycloud for a couple of months with no issue. Now when I try to access via web either via the www.readycloud.netgear.com or the Win7 client, I am getting an offline.

This seems to have happened when Comcast did a reset of my modem which is in bridge mode, suspect that ip address has possibly changed.  I have no issues accessing unit when on the local lan either by direct ip address, or via www.readycloud.netgear.com.

Anyone have any thoughts?

Model: RN21400|ReadyNAS 214 Series 4- Bay (Diskless)
Message 1 of 19

Accepted Solutions
paulinde
Aspirant

Re: RN214 Readycloud offline on web, OS 6.5

Have had a bit of success. I deleted the settings and re-did them on the NAS. This has allowed me to access via the webb using www.readycloud.netgear.com, however the desktop client no longer shows "offline" but is stuck on "connecting". I un-installed the client re-downloaded and re-installed, no joy as to the client. Seems a bit strange as all was well for at least a couple of months.

Brian, the OS is current at 6.5.1, and the cloud tab shows green checks.

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 19

All Replies
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Have you checked for double NAT?

If a static I.P. address is set for the NAS in the local web admin page have you checked the DNS Server addresses specified to make sure they are still accurate?

Message 2 of 19
paulinde
Aspirant

I should have mentioned, Readynas is static, IPS is dynamic. My router has DDNS and I have no problems with other devices which I use with use that service. It just seems like the ReadynasCloud is not getting updated if it is a IP address change. I am only guessing that the IP address may have changed, have not been tracking it, but the fact that ReadynasCloud is lost in the sauce made me think that was possibly the issue.

Paul

Message 3 of 19
StephenB
Guru

@mdgm wrote:

Have you checked for double NAT?

Double NAT should work (at least it used to).  I've double-routed for years.

With IPv4 address depletion, carrier-NAT is also starting to show up, so if ReadyCloud can't handle multiple NAT on the path to the server, then it needs to change.

Message 4 of 19
paulinde
Aspirant

ISP modem confirmed on bridge mode, only my router in NAT, to my understanding Comcast is not currently going to carrier NAT.  DNS is 8.8.8.8  This is my home nas, last night I had no problem accessing it via www.readycloud.netgear.com from inside my lan, now coming directly in from the web.......

Paul

Message 5 of 19
BrianL2
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi paulinde,

I have a couple of questions that can help us resolve your issue.

• Can you still get automatic (firmware) updates on your ReadyNAS? How about downloading apps from the apps tab?
  • What is the status of internet & services under the Cloud tab?

Looking forward to your response.

Kind regards,

BrianL
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 6 of 19
paulinde
Aspirant

Have had a bit of success. I deleted the settings and re-did them on the NAS. This has allowed me to access via the webb using www.readycloud.netgear.com, however the desktop client no longer shows "offline" but is stuck on "connecting". I un-installed the client re-downloaded and re-installed, no joy as to the client. Seems a bit strange as all was well for at least a couple of months.

Brian, the OS is current at 6.5.1, and the cloud tab shows green checks.

Message 7 of 19
BrianL2
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi paulinde,

Have you considered using another ReadyCLOUD account that will act as admin? Or perhaps a new one? I suppose your desktop client is now updated to 1.13. Can you also confirm if your e-mail (ReadyCLOUD account) is used as a registered e-mail address by one of your local ReadyNAS users?

Looking forward to your response.

Kind regards,

BrianL
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 8 of 19
paulinde
Aspirant

Brian

I was sitting here reading your messaage, and started up the client to check version (1.13), after sitting there for about a minute it connected!  Must be the 20th time I tried it today.

Paul

Message 9 of 19
BrianL2
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi paulinde,

Great! Continue to monitor your ReadyCLOUD access using the desktop client. I also suggest that you try accessing your ReadyNAS using the ReadyCLOUD web portal or the mobile apps and report back if the issue persists.

Kind regards,

BrianL
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 10 of 19
kohdee
NETGEAR Expert

The URL is without www. 

http://readycloud.netgear.com

Message 11 of 19
paulinde
Aspirant

Thanks, I know..... typo  Smiley Sad

Message 12 of 19
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

So you still have the issue when using the correct URL?

Message 13 of 19
paulinde
Aspirant

I always did use the correct address, just typed it wrong in the forum.

Message 14 of 19
BrianL2
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi paulinde,

It seems that you've marked this thread resolved. Are you still having offline issues using the latest ReadyCLOUD desktop client and the web portal?

Kind regards,

BrianL
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 15 of 19
paulinde
Aspirant

Brian,

All is well.  Seemed like the final issue was a ddns out of sync. Took better part of the day before both the web and desktop client started working, and not both at the same time. Strange but there were several hours between their coming to life.

Paul

Message 16 of 19
BrianL2
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi paulinde,

Thanks for posting back. Well, both should give you access at the same time if you're logged in properly. Just update this thread or create a new one if you have further questions or problems.

Kind regards,

BrianL
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 17 of 19
paulinde
Aspirant

Brian,

One would have thought.  It was strange, in both ways the login would be accepted, it was just the "connecting" that was going in circles and not happening for one but not the other.  Made me think that possibly the ddns was not synced which does not make sense...... but now all is well.  Thanks for your help!

Paul

Message 18 of 19
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello paulinde,

We thank you for letting us know that status of the issue you raised here.

Please keep posting anything you think will help other members or if you have any questions. We appreciate your contribution.

Regards,

Message 19 of 19
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 18 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 6 in conversation
Announcements