Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyCloud GUI not working (Desktop App) PRJNAME

mvetri
Guide

ReadyCloud GUI not working (Desktop App) PRJNAME

I can no longer auto connect with the Ready Cloud App for Windows. I uninstalled the app, then reinstalled, and the interface titles changed and are variable of code and the interface looks weird.

I have been using the app for several years just fine. Something has changed. Does anyone know what the issue could be? I'm attaching a screen shot of the changed interface.

Thank you in advance.
Model: RN102|ReadyNAS 100 Series
Message 1 of 7
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: ReadyCloud GUI not working (Desktop App) PRJNAME

Hi @mvetri

The issue seems to be related to Java versions installed on your computer. Have you tried installing the ReadyCloud desktop app on a different computer?

You may want to update the computer. Also please make sure the latest ReadyCloud app is installed 

I have tried installing it (v1.16) on my Windows 7 PC but I don't have the same issue. 

Regards

Message 2 of 7
mvetri
Guide

Hi Marc:

Thank you for the reply. I am actually runny ReadyCloud app on 2 WIndows 10 PCs.  One is an HP the other a Dell.  I verified I have the most updated versions of Java and the ReadyCloud app installed on both PCs.  The ReadyCloud APp works fine on the HP laptop but still does not work on the Dell Laptop.

Any other ideas of what it could be?

Message 3 of 7
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi @mvetri

To be honest I am not really sure what's causing the issue since it works on your HP Laptop. I have several workstations as well but none of them gets the same issue as what you have.

It would be better if you can check your Dell laptop's System as it might be missing some components that is causing this.

Regards

Message 4 of 7
mvetri
Guide

I've recently update the MS OS on both machines to MS 10 v 1803. Upgrades were successful on both machines, however, I am still having the issue on the Dell.

You mention that I shoul check for missing components. Can you suiggest which component and I can check.  I've had a case open with Netgear tech support for 3 weeks and they have come back with no idea of how to resolve the issue.

Any help anyone may have is greatly appreciated.

Message 5 of 7
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi @mvetri

Do you have any Security softwares installed on your Dell PC? You may want to try to disable it then reinstall the app.

Please let me know if this helped.

Regards

Message 6 of 7
bedlam1
Prodigy

Try updating Java on the Dell, removing previous versions afterwards

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos