Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyCloud to MyNetgear migration

OF
Aspirant
Aspirant

ReadyCloud to MyNetgear migration

Hi,

I received an email telling me to migrate my ReadyCloud to MyNetgear. The email said I would be prompted to do this when I signed in, and I presumed it would guide me through the process. On the ReadyCloud home page (before I signed in) it said I would be prompted to do this when I signed in, but when I signed in I did not receive any notification or message and I can't see anything in the system as to how to do it. Am I missing something obvious?

I have a ReadyNas 104, Firmware 6.4.2

Many thanks

Model: RN104|ReadyNAS 100 Series
Message 1 of 30

Accepted Solutions
kohdee
NETGEAR Expert

Re: ReadyCloud to MyNetgear migration

E-mails you receive are not for beta -- they were to pre-empt production users. Joining anything beta is 100% voluntary and completely a manual task. 
We're anticipating OS 6.5.0 and MyNETGEAR roll-out this evening. 

View solution in original post

Message 25 of 30

All Replies
StephenB
Guru

@OF wrote:

Am I missing something obvious?

The migration hasn't started yet.

Message 2 of 30
OF
Aspirant
Aspirant

That wasn't obvious from the email - thank you for clarifying. I shall give it a couple of weeks and check again.

Message 3 of 30
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello OF,

Start doing it once FW 6.5.0 has been released. Currently it is still BETA 6.5.0 (RC2). Release date is possibly mid of May.

Welcome to the community!

Regards,

Message 4 of 30
StephenB
Guru

@JennC wrote:

Start doing it once FW 6.5.0 has been released. Currently it is still BETA 6.5.0 (RC2). Release date is possibly mid of May.

Developers have said there will be an RC3, so watch for that first.

Message 5 of 30
OF
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you both for your very quick responses 🙂

Message 6 of 30
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello OF,

Thanks for your interest. I suggest you check every once in a while the download site or the admin page as it also prompts for update. The community will also announce it once released.

If your issue is now resolved we encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accept as Solution” so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. 

Regards,

Message 7 of 30
StephenB
Guru

@JennC wrote:

Thanks for your interest. I suggest you check every once in a while the download site

You might want to subscribe to the beta thread - that's an easy way to track release progress.

Message 8 of 30
SchneHa
Aspirant

Hi@all

My device couldn't be discovered by the website nor by serial number. RAIDar was able to find it. Firmware is 4.1.14 which is the latest for this device. I read in the email I received that I have to update to v 6.5.0 but that's impossible. 

The migrating process failed because it isn't possible to find the device. Does that mean that I have no chance to use ReadyCloud after changing to MyNETGEAR Single-Sign-On?

Hans

Message 9 of 30
StephenB
Guru

@SchneHa wrote:

My device couldn't be discovered by the website nor by serial number. RAIDar was able to find it. Firmware is 4.1.14 which is the latest for this device.

Migration still has happened yet.

However ReadyCloud only works with OS 6, and you have OS 4.1.  Your sparc-based ReadyNAS isn't supported.  There is no way to migrate OS 4.1 to OS 6.

Message 10 of 30
SchneHa
Aspirant

StephenB schrieb:

@SchneHa wrote:

My device couldn't be discovered by the website nor by serial number. RAIDar was able to find it. Firmware is 4.1.14 which is the latest for this device.

Migration still has happened yet.

However ReadyCloud only works with OS 6, and you have OS 4.1.  Your sparc-based ReadyNAS isn't supported.  There is no way to migrate OS 4.1 to OS 6.

That's what I suspected.

Actual, I use the iPhone app RCloud to make backups of my photos on iPhone and iPad on my ReadyNAS Duo, automaticly. Isn't this possible furthermore?

Message 11 of 30
StephenB
Guru

Are you using the readycloud app, or readyremote?

Message 12 of 30
SchneHa
Aspirant

I'm using RCloud app (ReadyCloud) but ReadyNAS remote is active on ReadyNAS Duo, also.

Message 13 of 30
WieselHa
Aspirant

Okay migration has not started yet,

but REMINDER eMails are already in my post? Smiley Happy

and expected start now mid/ end may

Wow, I will check then back in June.

rgs Hans

Message 14 of 30
BrianL2
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi SchneHa,

Just ignore the ReadyCLOUD e-mail that you received. You may continue to use the said app for backup purposes but it would be much better if you will the appropriate app for your system which is ReadyNAS remote.

Let me know if you have further questions.

Kind regards,

BrianL
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 15 of 30
kohdee
NETGEAR Expert

The reminders are letting you know preemtively that we are doing it in case you need to access your device after we make this large transition to MyNETGEAR and find yourself having a problem. 

Message 16 of 30
SchneHa
Aspirant

@BrianL2 wrote:

You may continue to use the said app for backup purposes but it would be much better if you will the appropriate app for your system which is ReadyNAS remote.

ReadyNAS remote for iOS is a rather messy app with many bugs. It hasn't been updated since more than 3 years!

Message 17 of 30

I probably got the same Email. However, I'm not sure if my mail is legit. When logging into the NAS, there is no Update Notification. Ok, there is no final version, so this is normal. When opening content.netgear.com (not over the link) the site lookes **bleep**ty. Ok, this is because I use noscript and digitalrivercontent.net isn't on my whitelist. But if I allow all scripts, the site still looks like some Homepage that just wants my Login-Data. When openging the ssl-version https://content.netgear.com the site uses a certificate from bluehornet.com. This seems to be some Email Marketing provider. Since bluehornet also send the email, this might be (in my opinion), some **bleep**ty but legit update-notificaiton. Or a phishing attack. So, what is it?
Message 18 of 30
StephenB
Guru

Two emails were in fact sent out from Netgear - they are not phishing.  Titles were

Important Update from NETGEAR Support

Important Update Reminder from NETGEAR Support

There will be some migration needed when the new ReadyCloud is launched with 6.5.0 firmware on the NAS.   But the transistion has not happened quite yet.

Message 19 of 30
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@SchneHa wrote:

@BrianL2 wrote:

You may continue to use the said app for backup purposes but it would be much better if you will the appropriate app for your system which is ReadyNAS remote.

ReadyNAS remote for iOS is a rather messy app with many bugs. It hasn't been updated since more than 3 years!

ReadyNAS Remote for iOS is for remotely accessing devices we discontinued over 3 years ago now.

Message 20 of 30
Koopasherman
Aspirant

As of the 16 of may. Havent recieved the migrate set up yet
Message 21 of 30
Koopasherman
Aspirant

Message 22 of 30
StephenB
Guru

@Koopasherman wrote:
As of the 16 of may. Havent recieved the migrate set up yet

Which means it still hasn't happened.  Perhaps 6.5 had some bugs they felt they needed to fix.

Message 23 of 30
Sandman7171
Aspirant

I went back to the email from netgear 5.4.16. "Important update reminder". NOWHERE in that email does it warn of the Beta risks. Been doing this for a long time..... this rollout and execution given the current chaos has been handled badly. **bleep** happens but The lack of accurate information or updates from Netgear is the most frustrating part of this. NetGear... u guys are better than this.

Sandman717
Message 24 of 30
kohdee
NETGEAR Expert

E-mails you receive are not for beta -- they were to pre-empt production users. Joining anything beta is 100% voluntary and completely a manual task. 
We're anticipating OS 6.5.0 and MyNETGEAR roll-out this evening. 

Message 25 of 30
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 29 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 13 in conversation
Announcements