Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyNAS Pro with OS6 does not connect to ReadyCloud

AZJazzyJ
Follower

ReadyNAS Pro with OS6 does not connect to ReadyCloud

I have an older ReadyNAS Pro running OS 6.10.2.  After installing several Smart Switches and downloading the Netgear Insight app the ReadyNAS shows as an Insight Manageable Device but when I attempt to claim it I get an error saying it cannot join ReadyCLOUD and it may be misconfigured.  If I go to the Admin page of the ReadyNAS and attempt to activate ReadyCLOUD I log into MyNetgear then get a dialog box that shows just a 12-digit number. Am I missing a step or what can I do to be able to claim my ReadyNAS from the Insight app?

Message 1 of 5
JohnCM_S
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: ReadyNAS Pro with OS6 does not connect to ReadyCloud

Hi AZJazzyJ,

Welcome to the Community!

Currently, our ReadyNAS OS6 devices are not yet manageable through Insight even though it can detect it.

Normally, you should still be able to join the NAS to ReadyCLOUD even without the use of Insight. Can you provide to me a screenshot of the dialog box that you see when you tried activating the ReadyCLOUD service? Please send it via private message.

Regards,

Message 2 of 5
Sandshark
Sensei

Some older NAS don't have a valid serial number, they have the MAC address instead, which doesn't have the right number of characters.  ReadyCloud relies on the serial number in some way to differentiate units (though I have no details).  If that applies to you, you'll have to rely on the mods here to create a proper file in flash memory for you, which would strictly be as a favor, since OS6 isn't officially supported on your NAS.

Message 3 of 5
pnunley
Aspirant

What do you mean by " rely on the mods here to create a proper file in flash memory for you, which would strictly be as a favor, since OS6 isn't officially supported on your NAS"

I understand this is not supported, but is there a workaround published somewhere to create this file and make this work?

Thanks,

Pierce

Model: RNDP6000|ReadyNAS Pro 6 Chassis only
Message 4 of 5
StephenB
Guru

@pnunley wrote:

I understand this is not supported, but is there a workaround published somewhere to create this file and make this work?

There isn't, and I think it requires some tools that aren't publicly available.

Hence the need to ask the mods (who might help out as a courtesy).  You could send a private message to @JohnCM_S or @Marc_V using the envelope icon on the upper right of the forum page.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements