Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyNAS not able to connect to Readycoud

saulatz
Aspirant

ReadyNAS not able to connect to Readycoud

Hi, I'm not able to connect my ReadyNAS to Readycloud. If I go to "cloud" page while administrating the ReadyNAS, and switch on "ReadyCloud" service, it gives me an error: "Something is preventing the ReadyNAS from connecting to ReadyCloud".

If I go to "Accounts" section, I see there's already a cloud user which can't be removed or added. If I try to add a new cloud user or delete the existing one, it gives me an error: "This device is joined to ReadyCloud. To remove user please visit ReadyCloud".

It seems to be there is some old configuration file when it was joined to the server long back and somehow that needed to be deleted or reset.

Please help. Thanks

Model: RN10400|ReadyNAS 100 Series 4- Bay (Diskless)
Message 1 of 22
JohnCM_S
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: ReadyNAS not able to connect to Readycoud

Hi saulatz,

Welcome to the Community!

Please check the status of Internet and Service under the Cloud tab. There should be a green check on both of them. If there is none, you may try first assigning a static DNS on the NAS and see if that helps.

Regards,

Message 2 of 22
JohnCM_S
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi saulatz,

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if the information we provided has helped resolve your issue or if you need further assistance.

If your issue is now resolved, we encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accept as Solution” or post what resolved it and mark it as solution so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. 

The NETGEAR community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Regards,

Message 3 of 22
saulatz
Aspirant

Hi, Thanks for the reply but I have to travel unplanned for a week. Have no access to the admin page locally. I'll check once I'm back in a week. But as far as I remember, there was no such green check on the admin page of NAS. One the readycloud page, there is no green check either. The NAS has a static IP and a DNS configured. But it's behind a NAT firewall.

Message 4 of 22
Kamwong
Aspirant

I have the Sam problem too. Please help.
Message 5 of 22
JohnCM_S
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@saulatz @Kamwong

We had an issue with the ReadyCLOUD server two weeks ago but that was already fixed. In most cases, you need to reboot the NAS to reconnect to ReadyCLOUD. Are you still not able to connect to ReadyCLOUD?

Regards,

Message 6 of 22
saulatz
Aspirant

Hello,

I'm still not able to login. Now, when I'm trying to switch on the RadyCloud service under "cloud" pane in "admin" page of NAS, I get the error: "Something is preventing the ReadyNAS from connecting to ReadyCloud server. Please reboot your ReadyNAS and try again". I have tried to reboot but its the same issue. So basically the ReadyCloud service is "off".

But I have cloud users showing under the "account" pane. If I try to remove the cloud user here, I get this error" This device is joined to ReadyCloud. To remove a user, visit ReadyCloud."  I'm confused now as the ReadyCloud service is OFF, so I don't how the NAS is connected to the cloud?

Please help. Thanks!

Message 7 of 22
saulatz
Aspirant

Just to add, our ISP is using NAT firewall to shield us from outside network. So my IP address will not be visible to the outside world. I hope that's not a problem?

Message 8 of 22
StephenB
Guru

@saulatz wrote:

"Something is preventing the ReadyNAS from connecting to ReadyCloud server. So basically the ReadyCloud service is "off".

I'm confused now as the ReadyCloud service is OFF

The service might be dysfunctional, but it isn't OFF unless you turned it off.

Not being in ReadyCloud is quite different from not being able to connect.

@saulatz wrote:

Now, when I'm trying to switch on the RadyCloud service under "cloud" pane in "admin" page of NAS, I get the error: "Something is preventing the ReadyNAS from connecting to ReadyCloud server. ...

But I have cloud users showing under the "account" pane.

This all suggests that the ReadyCloud service was working properly before.  Is that the case?  If so, did something change in your local network?

Also, what firmware is your NAS running?

One thing that sometimes helps is to add 8.8.8.8 to the NAS DNS server list (on the NAS network configuration page).  8.8.8.8 is the public Google DNS server.

NAT shouldn't be a problem, but you can try forwarding the readycloud port in your router to the NAS.  The default port is 6300.

Message 9 of 22
saulatz
Aspirant

This all suggests that the ReadyCloud service was working properly before.  Is that the case?  If so, did something change in your local network?

Also, what firmware is your NAS running?

One thing that sometimes helps is to add 8.8.8.8 to the NAS DNS server list (on the NAS network configuration page).  8.8.8.8 is the public Google DNS server.

NAT shouldn't be a problem, but you can try forwarding the readycloud port in your router to the NAS.  The default port is 6300.

Firmware is latest: 6.9.4

DNS is all set. Google DNS is also set correctly.

And yes, REadycloud was working fine previously. For the change, I move it to Work network from Home. At home, there was only my personal NAT firewall from the router where I have opened the port. At work, we are behind another firewall and created a private network using the same router as was at home. Maybe that's the case? But is there a way to reset the NAS for ReadyCloud? NAS may be remembering the settings from previously.

Message 10 of 22
StephenB
Guru

@saulatz wrote:

At work, we are behind another firewall and created a private network using the same router as was at home. 

I think your problem is that the enterprise firewall is blocking your traffic - not NAT. Try forwarding port 6300 in that firewall to the home router's "public" IP address.

Message 11 of 22
Kamwong
Aspirant

I still have the problem.

Message 12 of 22
StephenB
Guru

Check that port 6300 is actually open using http://www.canyouseeme.org/ on a PC that is connected to the same router the NAS is connected to. 

Message 13 of 22
Kamwong
Aspirant

Error: i could not see your service on ip ass on port 6300.  How do i open port 6300?  can you walk me thru as i'm not an expert on computer.

Message 14 of 22
StephenB
Guru

If your company has an IT person, then you will need to contact him/her on the enterprise firewall.  The basic idea is that TCP port 6300 has to be allowed through the firewall.  Normally an enterprise would want to limit that - with your configuration (double-routing), the way to do that is limit the traffic to the home router you just deployed.  That would require that the "WAN" address of the home router be reserved or set statically.  Again this is something you need to coordinate with whatever IT person you have.

Normally you'd connect the NAS directly to the company's main network - is there a reason you connected it through it's own router?  Connecting it directly most likely won't help with ReadyCloud though.  It would change the firewall rules a bit - the port would need to be limited to the NAS itself, not the home router.  The NAS would also need a reserved or static IP address.

Message 15 of 22
Kamwong
Aspirant

my is not enterprise.  and i open the port on my router/firewall and still cannot turn on the Readycloud. on my ReadyNAS still.

Message 16 of 22
StephenB
Guru

What routers do you have on the path from the NAS to the internet (manufacturer and model)??

If you have two routers deployed, then what is the "wan" address of the innermost router?

Message 17 of 22
Kamwong
Aspirant

on 1 router/wifi.  It's netgear Wifi/Router R6200v2

Message 18 of 22
Alpha101
Aspirant

Can anyone provide simple instructions with how to set up cloud so that my data can be accessed by myself remotely.

I have tried to do this so many times but when I am overseas it fails. Basically I need to be using the same server to access but when I do nothing is visible. When I am 10 feet away from my router nothing is accessible.

If there is NETGEAR Community staff much prefer to discuss this over the phone. Its not a warrant / service issue therefore should be entitled to a telephone conversation. 

Thanks

Model: RN31400|ReadyNAS 300 Series 4-Bay
Message 19 of 22
StephenB
Guru

@Kamwong wrote:

on 1 router/wifi.  It's netgear Wifi/Router R6200v2

You talked earlier about there being the ISP providing a NAT firewall. Is that something you have control over?.

EDIT- looking over the thread again, I was mixing your conversation with @saulatz's.  Sorry for the confusion.

Normally you don't need to open a firewall port for ReadyCloud.  What firmware are you running your NAS?

Message 20 of 22
Alpha101
Aspirant

I`m not sure if this response refers to my question but surely NETGEAR have options to discuss this over the phone and / or screen sharing to resolve the problem.

Message 21 of 22
StephenB
Guru

@Alpha101 wrote:

I`m not sure if this response refers to my question but surely NETGEAR have options to discuss this over the phone and / or screen sharing to resolve the problem.

I was responding to @Kamwong 

Normally it's best to create a new thread, even if you think your question is related - it can be very confusing when there are multiple conversations happening on the same thread. We already have two conversations happening on this thread, and yours would be the third.

Note that this is a community forum that is moderated by Netgear - I don't work for them.  If you want individual support from Netgear then you will need to contact them via my.netgear.com and open a support ticket.  They do offer complimentary phone support for 90 days (if you purchased a new system from a qualified reseller).  If you don't qualify for that, then they will charge.

FWIW, if you have a router that supports OpenVPN, you might want to try that as an alternative to ReadyCloud.  ZeroTier is another alternative that can be installed on the NAS.  If you have a couple of different ways to reach your data, then you can often work around connectivity issues.

Message 22 of 22
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 21 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements