Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Synced Folder after recent upgrade

DavidWest360
Follower

Synced Folder after recent upgrade

Has anyone else found that after the recent ReadyCloud Windows app upgrade, that there synced folder config was removed?  Folders and contents on both PC and NAS are still intact, but the agent that did the syncing no longer has the sync registered.  Is there a way to configure Readycloud to point to two existing directories (One on the NAS, One on the PC) and keep them in sync?

Message 1 of 7
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Synced Folder after recent upgrade

Hello DavidWest360,

With the new ReadyCloud Windows desktop client, there are options to Backup a PC folder or Sync one of the shares with one of the PC folders. These are the same options available on the previous FW version.

When you hover over each share you will see the a group of horizontal lines to the right side of each share that when you click it, you get an option to sync.

Welcome tot he community!

Regards,

Message 2 of 7
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello DavidWest360,

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if the information we provided has helped resolve your issue or if you need further assistance. 
If your issue is now resolved, we encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accept as Solution” so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. 

The Netgear community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Regards,

Message 3 of 7
poonming
Aspirant

I have a problem on the Windows utility. After I upgraded my HDD, I do not know how to link up the files already synced in NAS to my new HDD folder. The horizontal lines on the Cloud Tool beside the NAS sync folder name only provides Start, Stop or Pause. No choice to link up the folder in NAS and the folder in HDD for re-sync.

Model: ReadyNAS-3100|ReadyNAS-3100
Message 4 of 7
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello poonming,

When you say HDD, you mean ReadyNAS and Windows utility is ReadyCloud, is that right?

Please post screenshot.

Regards,

Message 5 of 7
poonming
Aspirant

The scenario is like this. I originally set up the Sync for say, 5 folders on my windows PC. It worked, no problem.

Then my Windows PC Harddisk dead so, replaced new harddisk. After set-up my PC and the ReadyCloud software, I found no way to sync back those folders from NAS to my New Drive in my specified locations.

How can I link up the folder in NAS to the one on my desktop to sync?

Thanks
Poon
Message 6 of 7
BrianL2
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi poonming,

There's no way you can link it using the ReadyCLOUD desktop app but  you can create a backup job or sync it again (expect a new share to be created).

Kind regards,

BrianL
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 7 of 7
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements