Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Unable to sign in to ReadyCLOUD

Blues11
Luminary

Re: Unable to sign in to ReadyCLOUD

OK. I guess there's some progress. I was able to have that user leave ReadyCLOUD. Then I went to the Accounts tab and saw that the ReadyCLOUD account was gone.

Then I went to Accounts > Users and tried to "Invite User", but I was told that I had to do that from ReadyCLOUD. And now I can't log in to ReadyCLOUD.

This has been the problem since the beginning of this issue: "Can't log in to ReadyCLOUD."

So even though I am logged in as admin, why can't I invite the user to join ReadyCLOUD?

Message 26 of 42
bedlam1
Prodigy

You should be leaving the whole NAS from Readycloud and Joining again, by using "Cloud" page of your Readynas UI whilst not deleting users home folders

Message 27 of 42
Blues11
Luminary

Sorry, but I don't understand what you mean. Are you saying I need to log-out as admin and close the page, then relog-in as admin?

Message 28 of 42
bedlam1
Prodigy

@Blues11wrote:

OK. I guess there's some progress. I was able to have that user leave ReadyCLOUD. Then I went to the Accounts tab and saw that the ReadyCLOUD account was gone.

Then I went to Accounts > Users and tried to "Invite User", but I was told that I had to do that from ReadyCLOUD. And now I can't log in to ReadyCLOUD.

This has been the problem since the beginning of this issue: "Can't log in to ReadyCLOUD."

So even though I am logged in as admin, why can't I invite the user to join ReadyCLOUD?

And I don't understand what you have done and where here, on Readycloud account or on NAS user interface Cloud page

Message 29 of 42
Blues11
Luminary

I know how difficult describing what's on a page is.  I also appreciate your perseverance. How can I better explain the current situation so this can get resolved? Suggestions? Thank you.

Message 30 of 42
bedlam1
Prodigy

What I am suggesting you do, using the Readynas logged in as admin (not the Readycloud Web Portal) is to "Leave" Readycloud using the ReadyNAS Admin page, Cloud tab and also untick "Remove  Readycloud Users Home Folders......."

Once that has processed click "Join" Readycloud and enter the e:mail address/Password registered on the Readycloud Web Portal.

That's it.......then see what happens

All done on the ReadyNAS not internet nor the Readycloud app.

Message 31 of 42
JohnCM_S
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi Blues11,

You were trying to invite Readycloud users on the NAS local admin page, which is not possible. You can only invite Readycloud users by logging in to the Readycloud portal (https://readycloud.netgear.com).

You can try again upgrading your Readycloud account to an SSO and then check if you will be able to login to Readycloud afterwards. You can try the steps on this link:

https://kb.netgear.com/30598/How-do-I-upgrade-my-ReadyCLOUD-account-if-I-do-not-have-a-MyNETGEAR-com...

Note: Just to be safe, please backup first the files on the Readycloud home folders before doing the migration.

Regards,

JohnCM_S
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 32 of 42
bedlam1
Prodigy

@JohnCM_Swrote:

Note: Just to be safe, please backup first the files on the Readycloud home folders before doing the migration.

How is that done ?

Also @Blues11 is unable/unwilling to backup his 4TB of Home folders data

Message 33 of 42
bedlam1
Prodigy

I think I just answered my own question by setting up a backup job, "Home" is not shown within the "data" volume when browsing source folders, it has it's own entry

Message 34 of 42
Blues11
Luminary

Yes. I did that. When I log in as admin and go to the Cloud tab, ReadyCLOUD there is no one signed in and it is Off. If I then click on the ReadyCLOUD link I'm asked to provide email address and password. Whatever I enter I get "invalid password."

How do I get around this?

Message 35 of 42
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Have you verified that the network settings of your NAS are correct, that it can check for firmware updates etc.

Message 36 of 42
Blues11
Luminary

Yes. Thank you. It told me recently that 6.9.2 was available and I upgraded to it. My Rsync backups to my older ReadyNAS run like clockwork every night at midnight. My MacBookPro backs up to NAS every couple of hours using Time Machine. I'm able to attach (via smb) to the NAS for uploading and downloading. I also store my large-ish iTunes library on a share and it plays fine. Occasionally I will connect my MBP to a television and watch a movie that's on the NAS.

So, I think the network settings are correct. However, if there's some specific thing I should look at, please let me know.

Thanks.

Message 37 of 42
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Can you send me a fresh set of logs (see the Sending Logs link in my sig)?

Message 38 of 42
Blues11
Luminary

mdgm, thank you for your offer to review my system logs. Before I embarrassed myself by possibly wasting your time, I wanted to make sure I had done all I could on my end.

Over the years that I've owned ReadyNASs I created quite a few user accounts. In addition to several "vanilla" user accounts, I created accounts for Netgear Community supoort, local admins for each NASs, local users for each NASs, one generic ReadyCLOUND account, a ReadyNAS Photos II account, ReadyNAS Time Machine account, ReadyNAS Remote account, ReadyNAS root account, ReadyNAS support account and three different ReadyCLOUD accounts.

So, I really wanted to try to use all of them to sign in to ReadyCLOUD.

I discovered that I have quite a few (more than six) different email addresses are registered as a ReadyCLOUD/ReadyNAS accounts. Finally, I found one email address that I could bind to a MyNetgear account. I was able to sign in to readycloud.netgear.com with it. Everything was looking good.

I just wanted to make sure I could reproduce it. I logged out and tried to log in to that address again. I was prompted to enter my Email and Password. I entered the exact things I had just used to sign in, but the system highlighted the words "Email" and "Password" in red and did not sign me in.

It's confusing because it prompts me to "Upgrade to a MyNETGEAR Account." I just did that! Question: why is it not letting me sign in with the same credentials I used successfully to sign in? Why does it give me the options to "Create Account"?

Thank you.

Message 39 of 42
Blues11
Luminary

Well, it took some time, but I found a login that finally worked. I'm at a Starbucks and I was able to log in to ReadyCloud.

However, the first thing I see it a screen telling me that I have no devices. I don't know what that means, but I can't get to anything on my server.

Could someone please tell me what devices the page is talking about and how to get to my NAS?

Thank youl

Model: RN51600|ReadyNAS 516 6-Bay
Message 40 of 42
JohnCM_S
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi Blues11,

The device that it is referring to is the NAS. Please check first if Readycloud is enabled on your NAS by going to the local admin page then go to the Cloud tab. If it is not yet enabled, you can join the NAS to Readycloud using the account that worked for Readycloud.

Regards,

JohnCM_S
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 41 of 42
Blues11
Luminary

John, thank you for the response. I'm embarrassed to say that the ReadyCloud function had been turned off.

At one point, when trying to get to the cause of this problem, I had switched it off. I switched it back on and it seems that I'm able to access the NAS through the ReadyCloud interface.

I have at least eight different user IDs that I've created to try to figure out this problem. The user ID I use to sign in as admin did not let me even turn on ReadyCloud from the admin site. It would seem that if I can login and access the admin site for the NAS, I should be able to switch on ReadyCloud.

Needless to say, I'd like to simplify and remove all of these additional user IDs but I fear that if I remove one I might never be able to access some function. I'm confused by this.

Regardles, thanks for you help. I think this issue is resolved.

Message 42 of 42
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 41 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements