Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

readycloud and 6.5.0 beta migration

rodcrit
Luminary

readycloud and 6.5.0 beta migration

have upgraded my NAS to the 6.5.0 beta release to overcome the dreadful AV problems.  they are now corrected.

on trying to connect via readycloud via the portal and the app  - the device is reported as being offline.

tried to follow the migration path for version 6.5.0 to customise the readycloud access and hit a problem which means I now cannot access my system from the portal or the app.

when I go to the cloud settings and try and follow the instructions to "upgrade my existing readycloud account" and put in my credentials it reports my user id is already registered with my email address  -  please use another email address...  WHAT?

I dont want to use another email address....  why is it always so difficult to to finish your simple instructions  -  they never work!.

now my remote users cannot access the system 

please advise SOONEST as to what I do next 

rodcrit

Model: RN20441D|ReadyNAS204 4-Bay 4x1TB Desktop Drive
Message 1 of 14
rodcrit
Luminary

Re: readycloud and 6.5.0 beta migration

update:

using the new access via the -test3 portal   -  I can now as administrator access my server via the portal and the PC app using my netgear logins.

so main question is now   - how do my users access their files on the server via both the portal access and the PC app....  their user names and passwords no longer work   -  just responds " no devices "

urgent response will be appreciated and necessary

rodcrit

Message 2 of 14
BrianL2
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi rodcrit,

Their accounts should be migrated too. As of now, we only have the test portal and beta mobile ReadyCLOUD apps available for access.

ReadyCLOUD migration instructions

ReadyCLOUD iOS and Android Beta Thread

Kind regards,

BrianL
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 3 of 14
srivatsa
Aspirant

I follow your guid to upgrade,  when it asks for the existing password. Even when i provide a valid password, it shows invalid password.

Message 4 of 14
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello srivatsa,

Welcome to the community!

Did you get to http://readycloud-test3.netgear.com? Did you click "I do not have MyNetgear.com account"? We need more details of the steps you have taken.

Regards,

Message 5 of 14
srivatsa
Aspirant

Hi,

Not sure what the issue was, may be a temporary glitch. Now I was able to do the binding and able to login using my mailed.

Thank you.

Message 6 of 14
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello srivatsa,

Yes probably. But I'm glad that works now. 🙂

Regards,

Message 7 of 14
rodcrit
Luminary

I am having a problem with migration.  ( RN204  -  firmware version 6.5.0 )

I have set up my system to use the beta version and the portal readycloud_test3 access.

I have migrated all the users both local and remote and tested their access on my local network. Everything seemed to work OK.  email login was recognised and login was successful for all users.   

I could not understand why for the 3 weeks since the migration, my remote users are reporting they cannot access either via windows pc app or android mobile.

it wasnt until I took my laptop to one of my remote users and tried to access their accounts from there that the problem was apparent.

the android connection just reports cannot authenticate the credentials of the user.   the windows PC app shows that a connection to the portal has been made but the actual connection eventually times out with VPN disconnected.

this is now causing a major problem with our working system  -  can anyone advise me how to overcome these problems.

I have uninstalled fully both pc and android apps and downloaded and installed the latest versions with no result.

is it because the apps dont know about the test3 access?

help please

Rodcrit

Message 8 of 14
rodcrit
Luminary

Having searched in more detail  -  I notice from comments that the pc app is not yet available ( only the portal and mobile access  - from comment above )

havng been persuaded to migrate because of the AV problem by the support people, I now find that my remote users cannot access because the pc app is not yet available.

can someone advise me as to when the PC app will be released....  My remote users cannot access my NAS cloud until it is.  This is not a good situation!

Rodcrit

Message 9 of 14
BrianL2
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi rodcrit,

There's no ETA yet when the new desktop app will be available for PC. But we already have the Android and iOS apps available for mobile and tablet use (found on this thread).

Kind regards,

BrianL
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 10 of 14
rodcrit
Luminary

Thats all very well   -  but that is not helping my PC users who cannot now access my server system.

I was persuaded to migrate to the beta version of the firmware as my system was running without any anti virus protection because of the drastic effect that had on the response times.

I was not informed that this would impact on the general use of the system, and there is no way to go back to the current release version, so I am stuck.

I am not too pleased about this to say the least.  My system is now not fit for purpose.

disgruntled rodcrit

Message 11 of 14
StephenB
Guru

@rodcrit wrote:

...there is no way to go back to the current release version, so I am stuck.

I agree there should be a clear warning that there is no PC ReadyCloud Beta Client.

Message 12 of 14
rodcrit
Luminary

so how do I get compensation ?

I now havae a £600 system which is not usable for the purpose for which it was purchased!

I would be quite happy to ditch it  -  I no longer have faith in netgear  -  I want to migrate to a system which is fit for purpose   -  

I want refund on my purchase price     -  netgear are welcome to have this system back in exchange and I will look around for a system which is stable and will so what I want to use it for.

bloody fed up rodcrit.

Message 13 of 14
kohdee
NETGEAR Expert

If you opted to use the 6.5.0 beta, invited ReadyCLOUD users will need to use the test3 beta server, too, as well as upgrade their account.  

We released an antivirus patch for 6.4.2, so you didn't have to upgrade to benefit.  http://kb.netgear.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/30436

There was a ReadyCLOUD beta desktop client?   If you wanted to go back to using the original client, you would have to go back to the production ReadyCLOUD server and close your ReadyCLOUD beta desktop client with a connected device to get the desktop client. Anyway, you get it from this link: http://readycloud.netgear.com/client/install/ReadyCloudSetup.exe, but it won't work unless you're on 6.4.2 or earlier.

As a beta tester, you need to understand potential risks involved, and that utilizing beta software is not covered under warranty. 

Message 14 of 14
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 13 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 6 in conversation
Announcements