× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Bugs with ReadyNAS Photos II

pnarayans
Follower

Hi Folks

Here are the basic issues with this.

No Authentication. I mean the share email that gets sent, can be forwarded to others not in the contact list and they can open the album. This is a security issue here. I would like some kind of authentication which is a username/password that is provided to the enduser. Can we have this feature in the next release
Unable to add multiple sound-track to a album.

I guess both these are pretty important. Can we know whom to approach to fix this

Thanks
pnarayans
Message 1 of 8
yoh-dah
Guide

Re: Bugs with ReadyNAS Photos II

pnarayans wrote:
Hi Folks

Here are the basic issues with this.

No Authentication. I mean the share email that gets sent, can be forwarded to others not in the contact list and they can open the album. This is a security issue here. I would like some kind of authentication which is a username/password that is provided to the enduser. Can we have this feature in the next release

We will consider this option.

Unable to add multiple sound-track to a album.

This is already there in 1.0.5. Check for update.
Message 2 of 8
beachreader
Aspirant

with Ready Nas Photos II - I sent myself a readynas photo II email link and the slide show work fine. But the back ground music did not play...any suggestion on how to fix?
Message 3 of 8
yoh-dah
Guide

beachreader wrote:
with Ready Nas Photos II - I sent myself a readynas photo II email link and the slide show work fine. But the back ground music did not play...any suggestion on how to fix?

Does it play when you're logged in as a photographer.
Message 4 of 8
beachreader
Aspirant

Yes he did play as photograph. But not now.. I tried updating itunes but i get the error message not vailed arthitechure. I was thinking that was the problem. I did ran clean itunes first and got the same message..however my squeezebox player still works..so now 2 problems no itunes server and photo ii does not play music. Music contines to upload though..thx for any assistance..
Message 5 of 8
yoh-dah
Guide

beachreader wrote:
Yes he did play as photograph. But not now.. I tried updating itunes but i get the error message not vailed arthitechure. I was thinking that was the problem. I did ran clean itunes first and got the same message..however my squeezebox player still works..so now 2 problems no itunes server and photo ii does not play music. Music contines to upload though..thx for any assistance..

Photos II has nothing to do with iTunes. If you've recently updated iTunes, you'll need the latest RAIDiator 4.2.20 beta to fix the iTunes Server on the ReadyNAS. That said, if you're not getting any music as a photographer, there's something else going on...
Message 6 of 8
beachreader
Aspirant

Thanks got both the itunes and photos ii music to work. Since I am using readynas pro ...i need to install sparc itunes verison not the 86 verison. thx for our assistance. 😄
Message 7 of 8
PatrikJ
Aspirant

I have a similar problem: only the first song plays when I login as a guest, but when I view slide show as a photographer the whole playlist is played. Any ideas about this issue?
Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements