× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Cannot upload apps under OS 6.5.0 on PRO 6

Supertramp11
Luminary

Cannot upload apps under OS 6.5.0 on PRO 6

Hi,

I'm running LMS 7.8.0 on a legacy PRO 6 using OS 6.5.0.

When I installed LMS 7.8.0, I was running OS 6.3.5 and I used Logitech's logitechmediaserver_7.8.0_all.deb together with superpoussin's lms_1.0.8_all.deb

Last weekend I wanted to upgrade LMS from 7.8.0 to 7.9.0 using the logitechmediaserver_7.9.0~1472633108_all.deb file which can be downloaded from Logitech's nightly builds.

When trying to upload the file, I get error message "Cannot install application D:\....\logitechmediaserver_7.9.0~1472633108_all.deb". Installing the lms_1.0.8_all.deb also generates the cannot install error.

Does anyone have any idea why I cannot install Logitech's deb files on OS 6.5.0?

I even cannot install the 7.8.0 version anylonger, which worked fine on OS 6.3.5.

Many thanks for any help!

Message 1 of 13

Accepted Solutions
Supertramp11
Luminary

Re: Cannot upload apps under OS 6.5.0 on PRO 6

With the excellent support of mdgm, the solution to this issue was found: Google Chrome.

I have been using both Edge and IE11, which did (and still do) not installed the deb files correctly, leading to an installation error.

With Google Chrome all installs and runs fine.

Thanks again mdgm!!

View solution in original post

Message 13 of 13

All Replies
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello Supertramp11,

Perhaps sending PM to NAStools would help.

Regards,

Message 2 of 13
Supertramp11
Luminary

Thanks JennC.

In fact, the LMS 7.9.0 app from NAStools installs perfectly fine. As he used a nightly build from Logitech that is a few months old, I would like to upload a recent build using the .deb file from Logitech followed by the LMS .deb file from Superpoussin. Uploaded .deb files installed fine under OS 6.3.5 however I can no longer upload them under OS 6.5.0.

So I guess it is not really NAStools problem, however I can see if I can PM him.

Thanks again.

Message 3 of 13
NAStools
Luminary

I can't really help with Poussin's LMS+logitechmediaserver package combination, but getting the install_debpkg.log from your system logs may help.  As far as my package, it is entirely self-contained and not compatible with Poussin's LMS or the stock Debian package from Logitech (port conflicts).

There's a newer version from June 17th (with AAC/ALAC support) on my GitHub (not on the app site).  Check back tomorrow, I'll get a newer release up.

Message 4 of 13
Supertramp11
Luminary

Thanks NAStools.

I tried to install the deb version from your GitHub, but I'm still getting the "Cannot install application..." error message 😞

I wonder if this has something to do witn 6.5.0?

Will check back tomorrow...

Message 5 of 13
NAStools
Luminary

Should work fine on 6.5.x (at least it does on my side of things).  Can you post your install_debpkg.log from the system logs?

Message 6 of 13
Supertramp11
Luminary

Thanks for your reply, NAStools.

Is there a way to PM you the log as an attachment, as it has too many lines.

Thanks for your support.

Message 7 of 13
Supertramp11
Luminary

Pls file below the part of the logfile related to the installation of the Logitech 7.9.0 logfile that potentially leads to the installation error.0 Thanks in advance.

START(/tmp/\READYNAS\Documents\logitechmediaserver_7.9.0~1472633108_all.deb): Wed Sep  7 22:04:19 CEST 2016 

-->(removed some text that prevented me to post here)

Reading package lists...

fv-dpkginstall.awk: success

Successfully installed dependencies for /tmp/\READYNAS\Documents\logitechmediaserver_7.9.0~1472633108_all.deb

dpkg: error processing /tmp/\READYNASDocumentslogitechmediaserver_7.9.0~1472633108_all.deb (--install):

cannot access archive: No such file or directory

Errors were encountered while processing:

/tmp/\READYNASDocumentslogitechmediaserver_7.9.0~1472633108_all.deb

dpkg: error processing /tmp/\READYNASDocumentslogitechmediaserver_7.9.0~1472633108_all.deb (--install):

cannot access archive: No such file or directory

Errors were encountered while processing:

/tmp/\READYNASDocumentslogitechmediaserver_7.9.0~1472633108_all.deb

DONE(5): Wed Sep  7 22:04:24 CEST 2016

spooler returns spool_status=5 outbuf=(null) errbuf=(null) is_localapp=1 name=\\READYNAS\Documents\logitechmediaserver_7.9.0~1472633108_all.deb pkgname=logitechmediaserver

Message 8 of 13
Supertramp11
Luminary

When taking a closer look at the log file, there are two lines relating to the deb file:

One successfull saying:

Successfully installed dependencies for /tmp/\READYNAS\Documents\logitechmediaserver.deb

One unsuccessfull saying:

dpkg: error processing /tmp/\READYNASDocumentslogitechmediaserver.deb (--install):  cannot access archive: No such file or directory

When looking in more detail, the successfull one has the necessary backward slashes as part of the path to the file, whereas the unsuccessfull one does not have these slashes and concatenates the path and the filename together, leading to a "no such file or directory"

Could this be the issue and - if yes - how do I fix this?

Message 9 of 13
markwoll
Guide

Sorry to butt in, I am looking to upgrade my LMS to 7.9 to take advantage of some of the new plugins.

If I was to install the NasTools 7.9 should I uninstall 7.8 and the 1.08.all.deb first and then install the 7.9 package.?

Message 10 of 13
rjwerth
Luminary

I have tried the version on Github and the version in the app store and both install but will not turn on.  Strangely, when I origianlly installed from the app store, it worked fine but today it is off and will not stay on.

Message 11 of 13
Supertramp11
Luminary

I also tried to upload the deb files under OS 6.5.1 and the new OS 6.5.2. Unfortunately the installation error persists.

Message 12 of 13
Supertramp11
Luminary

With the excellent support of mdgm, the solution to this issue was found: Google Chrome.

I have been using both Edge and IE11, which did (and still do) not installed the deb files correctly, leading to an installation error.

With Google Chrome all installs and runs fine.

Thanks again mdgm!!

Message 13 of 13
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 12 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements