× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Entire Dropbox

Blueray3
Guide

Entire Dropbox

I would like to sync my entire Dropbox (several folders) with a share on my ReadyNAS OS6.7.4.  I may be missing something, but it looked as tho I could only sync one foler of my Dropbox to a single share on my ReadyNAS.  Is there a way to sync the entire Dropbox to the share?  Is there a way to sync more than one Dropbox account to the same ReadyNAS?

Thank you

Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
B_L
NETGEAR Expert
NETGEAR Expert

Re: Entire Dropbox

Here the session mean the sync pair between local path and remote path. You can add multiple sync pairs (sessions) as long as you do not sync your entire Dropbox drive to NAS, otherwise you can have only one sync pair (session).

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4

All Replies
B_L
NETGEAR Expert
NETGEAR Expert

You can sync the entire Dropbox by set the remote path as root directory.

For now, we only support one Dropbox account per NAS.

Message 2 of 4
Blueray3
Guide

Thanks for the info.  When I sync from the root directory, I see the message: syncing the root folder will sync the entire public cloud, preventing you from adding new sessions.

Am not sure what this means.  Does "public cloud" mean that syncing changes permissions on either the Dropbox or the ReadyNAS? And what is "adding new sessions"? -Does this mean that I can not add new folders to either the Dropbox or to the ReadyNAS Dropbox share (assuming bidirectional syncing) or does it mean something else?  -Thanks

Message 3 of 4
B_L
NETGEAR Expert
NETGEAR Expert

Here the session mean the sync pair between local path and remote path. You can add multiple sync pairs (sessions) as long as you do not sync your entire Dropbox drive to NAS, otherwise you can have only one sync pair (session).

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements