× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Milestone Arcus & ONVIF Camera

RichFitz
Aspirant

Milestone Arcus & ONVIF Camera

I am trying to install a ONVIF compatible camera in Milestone Arcus and I can get it to be detected but I cannot get an image.  I have tried pretty much every setting but no luck.  The camera is an Acti ACM-7411 which is not on the compatability list but the documentation says that if the camera is ONVIF compliant then it should work.

Any suggestions?

Message 1 of 9
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Milestone Arcus & ONVIF Camera

Hi @RichFitz

Welcome to the Community!

The ONVIF Camera might have been added successfully but one of the issues might be with the licenses.

One possible cause why an added camera is not showing the output video is insufficient licenses activated on the account.

You can check under Settings, active licenses should show just above the Buy and Activate License button.

Milestone Arcus provides 2 Trial camera licenses which runs for 60 days. After this period you will have to purchase and activate a license which has 1,4,8 camera packages.

If you have the licenses or have already purchase a license but still not showing the output, try re-adding the camera, clearing cache of the browser or restarting the mobile app.

Hope this helps!

Regards

Message 2 of 9
RichFitz
Aspirant

Thanks Marc,

It is not a licence issue as I have sufficient licences and have tried deleting and re-installing a number of times without luck.

Any other suggestions?

Message 3 of 9
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi @RichFitz

If you have sufficient licenses but still not getting the camera to output the video then we might need to check the camera itself.

Do you have cameras connected which are working? How many? Are they the same model? 

Message 4 of 9
RichFitz
Aspirant

Hi Marc,

Yes I do have other cameras that work fine.  I have 3 others that all work which are all different models of Acti cameras:

- E77

- E76

- TCM -7411

- ACM -7411 (not worjking)

Message 5 of 9
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi

How many licenses you have on the account? Would you be able to try removing one of the cameras then add the ACM-7411. Also, if you can request for another ACM-7411 to test to isolate any issues on the camera.

This might be a case of a non compatible model but since it's ONVIF compliant we cannot say yet and they release updates on newer models once it's tested. The cameras though is already listed on compatible cameras for Milestone

Milestone list

Message 6 of 9
RichFitz
Aspirant

I am only working with the 2 trial licences but I have deleted and re-added cameras to test each type of camera I own and it is only the ACM-7411 that I can't get to work.  I actually have another ACM-7411 which I have also tested and I run into the same issue.  Frustratingly Arcus detects the camera and then configures it according to how it thinks it should be set-up but you can't then edit some of the configuration settings to the values that you want to set it to (eg: frame rates etc) which may well then enable you to extract an image from it.  I actually have the ACM-7411 woking fine in Readynas survellaince so I am pretty sure there is nothing wrong with the camera.

Message 7 of 9
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Since you have other cameras working fine using the 2 trial licenses and that the unit works fine on surveillance then we can really say it's with compatibility. Also how many days are left on the licenses?

Though the ACM-7411 is ONVIF Compliant and can be detected by Milestone Arcus and even add the camera it's the firmware that is possibly not compatible, Basing on what you have mentioned regarding the configuration not being set. Arcus might be seeing the camera as another model and sets it up but does not fully configure the device to make it work.

Not being on the list is one answer why it is not working but as Milestone Arcus stated "Please remember that throughout the year there will be new releases of device packs that will allow for integration of new camera models and devices."

Hope this answers the issue on the camera.

Regards

Message 8 of 9
RichFitz
Aspirant

OK thanks for your help... I just wanted to make sure that there was not another work-around.

Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements