× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Photos has been dicontinued

duntov
Aspirant

Photos has been dicontinued

After dealing with netgear support for this add-on since Monday one of their reps stated it has been discontinued. Their facebook person Netgear guru stated that it has been discontinued as well.

All I want/need is a way to extract a link that I can give out to a public IP that will not require people to login. I don't really care about the dynamic dns portion using photos.readynas.com. I don't care about the pretty email either.

Piwigo does not work on my RN102 either. It just shows some text when you start the app, so it may look like this is device will be returned for Synology NAS device. I already have a readynas, and this one really does not do anything that my other one doesn't already do.
Message 1 of 4
JabbaTheHutt
Tutor

Re: Photos has been dicontinued

To clarify. Photos II is not discontinued. We are not focusing resources on adding features & functions to the current application at this time though.
We'll continue to fix bugs periodically.
Message 2 of 4
Integrion
Aspirant

Re: NeadyNAS Photos II - Email Invites Not Being Received

Hi,

It was suggested that I post here regarding this issue.

I installed version 1.0.6. I have checked spam filters, etc. for all email accounts tested. Invitations are NOT being received, and it indeed appears that invitations are actually not being sent from the ReadyNAS application domain: photos.readynas.com. Either the app email server is broken, or it is experiencing some other issue.

Can someone at NetGear please look into this, as this appears to be a consistent problem.

Has anyone found a solution for this issue?

Any reply is much appreciated, thanks!

Integrion
Message 3 of 4
ptallbo
Aspirant

Re: Photos has been dicontinued

The problem is still there, no invitation mail recived. Tried to put in my info to recive email alerts from the NAS and they work fine. What is happening? The whole meaning with the photo thing is to share photos very easy. As it dont work at all now you have to use another soloution as sharing them on G+. Dont think that was the meaning.... :roll:
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements