× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Problem with sharing

testerek
Aspirant

Problem with sharing

Hello,
This is my first post and I want to say hello 🙂
I want to share photos with my familly but I dont know how to do this. I want to prevent from public access to my photos and create users with login and password for each member. Is it possible ?? How to do this ??
Please explain step by step 🙂

Best regards
Message 1 of 3
testerek
Aspirant

Re: Problem with sharing

Please, help me 🙂 Anyone ?
Message 2 of 3
Darth_Vader
NETGEAR Expert

Re: Problem with sharing

testerek wrote:
Hello,
This is my first post and I want to say hello 🙂
I want to share photos with my familly but I dont know how to do this. I want to prevent from public access to my photos and create users with login and password for each member. Is it possible ?? How to do this ??
Please explain step by step 🙂

Best regards

Hi testerek,

Welcome to ReadyNAS forum 🙂 . Here is what you can do:

Share Album
1. Install ReadyNAS Photos II add-on
2. You will go through an initial account setup for Photos II the first time you launch Photos II app.
3. When your Photos II account is successfully setup, it will prompt you for creating your first album and start the upload process right away
4. In the Upload window, select photos that you would like to share with your family, and start uploading.
5. When it is done, click on the "Gear" icon of your album (lower right) to bring up a list of options you can do with your album. You should see "Share", select it
6. Type the email address of your family members in the "To" field and enter your personal message in the Postcard where you see "Enter your message here". Click "Send" when you're done. This will send out a private invitation email to your family members to view your album.

Create User Account
1. In Photos II, click on "Settings" (top right corner of the page), and then click on "Manage Photographers".
2. In the popup window, click on the "+" button to add a new user.

By default, your album is not accessible from public but you can change that under "Gear" icon > Preferences > Permission tab.

Hope this helps
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements