× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

QbitTorrent

rovingmedic
Tutor

QbitTorrent

Hi!

I recently installed QbitTorrent on my RN316. When I launched it I got the login screen and used the default credentials. I then changed the admin password. When trying to login again I kept getting rejected with invalid password. The default password also doesn't work (expected).

I have two issues with this:
1. How do I reset or recover the password? I have not attempted uninstalling the app as I'm running OS6.2.2 and am waiting for the production realease of the updated firmware.
2. The password change screen only allows for the new password to be entered once. The generally accepted way to do this is to enter it twice and confirm that both versions are identical. Therefore, I'm not sure if I made an error entering the new password or if the app cannot handle long passwords (>12 characters).

Thanks in advance,
Shaun
Message 1 of 6
StephenB
Guru

Re: QbitTorrent

You can do an OS reinstall to reset the password back to the default. It will also reset your network settings to dhcp. Data and other settings should not be affected.

See page 47-48 here: http://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/ ... ct2013.pdf
Message 2 of 6
rovingmedic
Tutor

Thanks Stephen. I don't have a problem with the RN admin password but with the QbitTorrent password.

Is reinstalling the RN OS still the only solution for repairing the app password?
Message 3 of 6
StephenB
Guru

Sorry I misunderstood.

I don't use qbitorrent. But I think you can reset the password if you can get access to qbittorent.conf. https://github.com/qbittorrent/qBittorr ... k-password

You can get to this file through SSH. You can also download your config files, and see if it is there, and access the NAS with cifs/smb (from windows explorer) with admin credentials and look in \\nas\data\.apps.

Once you get the file, you need to make sure that you use an editor that supports linux formats. notepad++ is one (DON'T use Windows notepad).

If you are mac user, this last point is not a problem, mac and linux use the same format conventions.
Message 4 of 6
rovingmedic
Tutor

Thanks Stephen. I'm not comfortable using SSH. I tried accessing with Windows explorer but the path wasn't recognised. I'll keep at it and post the outcome.
Message 5 of 6
sdouek
Guide

Use WinSCP it has a ssh but uses a windows explorer feel. It also has a editor.

Here is the link:

WinSCP
Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements