× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RN31400 NAS / Removing Cloud Users

mlswayze
Aspirant

RN31400 NAS / Removing Cloud Users

Since the Readycloud is no more, how do I / we remove the read cloud users from our account?

Message 1 of 5
StephenB
Guru

Re: RN31400 NAS / Removing Cloud Users

@mlswayze wrote:

Since the Readycloud is no more, how do I / we remove the read cloud users from our account?

That's an excellent question - there isn't any way to do that.

If you try to remove the cloud user from the cloud accounts page, it directs you to leave ReadyCloud.

But if you try to leave ReadyCloud from the cloud apps page, it just fails with a communication error.

@AnishaA - can Netgear advise on a process to do this?  Hopefully short of a factory default.

Message 2 of 5
aks-2
Apprentice

Judging by the way ReadyCloud shutdown is being handled, I doubt we'll get a solution to removing cloud users from Netgear.

Is there a command line method we could use vis SSH, or do I need to reinstall the OS and start from scratch )or simply ignore those user accounts)?

Message 3 of 5
StephenB
Guru

@aks-2 wrote:

Is there a command line method we could use vis SSH, or do I need to reinstall the OS and start from scratch )or simply ignore those user accounts)?

An OS reinstall won't change anything, you'd actually need to do a factory default.

You can safely delete the account from Linux, but it still shows up in the web ui.

I don't know how to safely remove it from there.  If I have a chance, I might play around with it more.  There is a file in /opt/readycloud/etc/local_sessions that has the cloud user name, but that is protected with acl.

FWIW, there is also no way to leave ReadyCloud.

@aks-2 wrote:

Judging by the way ReadyCloud shutdown is being handled, I doubt we'll get a solution to removing cloud users from Netgear.

Hard to say - 6.10.10 (when and if) might remove the service from the NAS.

Message 4 of 5
aks-2
Apprentice

@StephenB wrote:
An OS reinstall won't change anything, you'd actually need to do a factory default.

Thanks, yes that's the option I'd use to completely wipe the system (when the time comes, and if nececessary).

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements