× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyNAS NV+ (RND4410 v3) RAIDiator 4.1.6 Trying to use ReadyNAS Remote

lilleskutt
Aspirant

ReadyNAS NV+ (RND4410 v3) RAIDiator 4.1.6 Trying to use ReadyNAS Remote

Hi all you smart people! 😉

On my PC, Windows 10, I've installed the app "ReadyNAS Remote" and created an account.

After that I've logged in to my ReadyNAS account via the browser and the IP-adress.

When in "ReadyNAS Frontview" I've selected "Services"/"Installed Add-ons" and enabled "ReadyNAS Remote". Clicked the "Save"-button.

So far so good! When hitting the "Manage ReadyNAS Remote"-button to add my newly created account this happens - A new window opens:

https://myipaddress/REMOTE/

BUT, THE PAGE IS TOTALLY BLANK.... So I can't give myself access to my NAS remotely, not even remotely... 😉

Yes - I have the NAS turned on and yes I can access all my files via the home network, but I need to access the files even when I'm not at home and ReadyNAS Remote seemed to be an easy way to do this!

I've tried to shut down and restart the page for my NAS, I've restarted the computer, I've removed and re-installed the "ReadyNAS Remote"-app on my PC.

Is there someone who can help me!

Thanks!

Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: ReadyNAS NV+ (RND4410 v3) RAIDiator 4.1.6 Trying to use ReadyNAS Remote

4.1.6 is extremely old firmware. You should update the firmware (the latest is 4.1.15).

Wewlcome to the Community!

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4

All Replies
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

4.1.6 is extremely old firmware. You should update the firmware (the latest is 4.1.15).

Wewlcome to the Community!

Message 2 of 4
lilleskutt
Aspirant

Thank you sooo much for your help and for making me feel welcome (and not just a little stupid - something I sometimes do when it comes to keeping up with all the tecnology - quite exhausting for a soon to hit 60 little lady)

I upgraded the firmware as you said and suddenly everything worked.

Now I will try to access my NAS remotely and when it finally works it's all thanks to you!

/Lille Skutt

Message 3 of 4
lilleskutt
Aspirant

...and the final step was successful! With my ReadyNAS Remote account I can now access my files remotely!

Once again! Thank you very much for making my lift a lot easier!

/Lille Skutt

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements