× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

How to login backend to a ReadyMas Ultra 2.

Ylle
Tutor

How to login backend to a ReadyMas Ultra 2.

I have two ReadyNas Ultra 2. They work fine, but since all webb browsers now are upgraded to not accept certificate errors any more none of them won´t let me in tp the admin area with all the settings.

I would be very happy if there is a workaround to solve my problem.

Message 1 of 16

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru

Re: How to login backend to a ReadyMas Ultra 2.

Have you tried forcibly powering down and then rebooting the NAS?

View solution in original post

Message 8 of 16

All Replies
StephenB
Guru

@Ylle wrote:

I have two ReadyNas Ultra 2. They work fine, but since all webb browsers now are upgraded to not accept certificate errors any more none of them won´t let me in tp the admin area with all the settings.

FWIW, the problem isn't the certificates.  It's about TLS 1.0.  New browsers are dropping that (requiring TLS 1.2).

@Ylle wrote:

I would be very happy if there is a workaround to solve my problem.

You can still connect with internet explorer (or edge in IE mode).  If that's not an option for you, you can download an old version of FireFox - 94.0.2 will work.  Make sure you immediately update the settings to turn off auto-update.

Once in, you can install this add-on from @WhoCares_ (www.rnxtras.com😞 https://github.com/rdynsxtrs/rn4bin/blob/main/apache2/x86/Apache2_2.2.34-x86-0.2.0.bin That will add support for TLS 1.2 to your NAS.

Longer term, you might consider converting your NAS to run OS 6 firmware.

There is a much longer thread on this issue here: https://community.netgear.com/t5/New-ReadyNAS-Users-General/Workaround-for-ERR-SSL-VERSION-OR-CIPHER...

Message 2 of 16
Ylle
Tutor

@StephenB wrote:

FWIW, the problem isn't the certificates.  It's about TLS 1.0.  New browsers are dropping that (requiring TLS 1.2).

OK, got that.

@StephenB wrote:

FireFox - 94.0.2 will work.  Make sure you immediately update the settings to turn off auto-update.

Yes, Works fine. Thank you so much!

@StephenB wrote:

Once in, you can install this add-on from @WhoCares_ (www.rnxtras.com😞 https://github.com/rdynsxtrs/rn4bin/blob/main/apache2/x86/Apache2_2.2.34-x86-0.2.0.bin That will add support for TLS 1.2 to your NAS.

This is a good idea. I wish I could understand how to install the add-on. I tried to just paste the link https//github... but the Nas rejected. I would appreciate more detailed instructions.

@StephenB wrote:

Longer term, you might consider converting your NAS to run OS 6 firmware.

Yes, could be the next step.

Message 3 of 16
Sandshark
Sensei

You have to download the file to a PC, then use the NAS menu to install the add-on from a local source.

Message 4 of 16
Ylle
Tutor

@Sandshark wrote:

You have to download the file to a PC, then use the NAS menu to install the add-on from a local source.

Finally I found the download button and the Nas accepted the file as possible to install. Unfortunately I got tyis error message:

"The Apache2 add-on encountered an error during installation."

Message 5 of 16
StephenB
Guru

@Ylle wrote:
Finally I found the download button and the Nas accepted the file as possible to install. Unfortunately I got tyis error message:

"The Apache2 add-on encountered an error during installation."

Try testing it with your usual browser, and see if it works (despite the error)

Message 6 of 16
Ylle
Tutor

@StephenB wrote:

Try testing it with your usual browser, and see if it works (despite the error)

I am sorry to say. It does not work to access with Edge and not with Firefox 94.0.2 as well

I have two subnets, 192.168.1.101 and 192.168.2.1

• My computer is connected to 192.168.2.1
  • I can access the admin page at Nas 192.168.1.101
  • I can not access the admin page at Nas 192.168.2.101 (caused by the add-on?)
  • My Nas 192.168.2.101.is visible in Raidar
  • I can access the files in both Nas (that has never been a problem)

I enclose screen shots.

Message 7 of 16
StephenB
Guru

Message 8 of 16
Ylle
Tutor

@StephenB wrote:

I did so an now it works fine, even with Egde. When I am present at the same location I will do the same with 192.168.1.101.

Apeche came into opertion when I rebooted the Nas.

Thanks!

Logg.PNG

I am receiving plenty of error messages regarding low voltage. Are there any support articles about that. Otherwise i may issue a new ticket. 

The same about OS6. Any articles about that.

Message 9 of 16
StephenB
Guru

@Ylle wrote:

The same about OS6. Any articles about that.

One of several posts on that is here: https://community.netgear.com/t5/New-ReadyNAS-Users-General/upgrade-for-my-Ultra-2-Plus/td-p/2160134

The upgrade process is the same for the Ultra 2 and the Ultra 2 plus, but I think the two chassis take different memory.

@Ylle wrote:

I am receiving plenty of error messages regarding low voltage. Are there any support articles about that. Otherwise i may issue a new ticket. 

You could try getting a replacement power adapter

Message 10 of 16
Sandshark
Sensei

The Ultra2, Ultra2Plus, and Pro2 differ only in what processor is on the board.  They use the same RAM  The Ultra has a single core processor and the other two have a dual core.  The same is true of the Ultra4/Ultra4Plus/Pro4 (but different processors and RAM from the 2-bay units).

Message 11 of 16
Ylle
Tutor

@StephenB wrote:

One of several posts on that is here: https://community.netgear.com/t5/New-ReadyNAS-Users-General/upgrade-for-my-Ultra-2-Plus/td-p/2160134

The upgrade process is the same for the Ultra 2 and the Ultra 2 plus, but I think the two chassis take different memory.

OK, so far so good. Now there is a syncronising process i progress. I seems to be very slow 1%/hour. That makes above four days.I don´t know if it is possible to shut down the computer. Anytway, lucky for me I don´t need to move the laptop anywhere else so I just let it be connected.

Ylle_0-1657709103109.png

Message 12 of 16
StephenB
Guru

@Ylle wrote:
I don´t know if it is possible to shut down the computer. Anytway, lucky for me I don´t need to move the laptop anywhere else so I just let it be connected.

You can shut down the laptop, just keep the NAS running.

Sync time depends on the disks you are using - can you let us know the manufacturer and model?

Message 13 of 16
Ylle
Tutor

@StephenB wrote:

You can shut down the laptop, just keep the NAS running.

Sync time depends on the disks you are using - can you let us know the manufacturer and model?

Finally the sync is finished.

Seagate or WD 2 TB. (maybe bought 2011)

I tried to sign in to the Nas,  with Edge and Firefox. Not possible in any case.

Ylle_0-1658089124288.png

Message 14 of 16
StephenB
Guru

@Ylle wrote:

I tried to sign in to the Nas,  with Edge and Firefox. Not possible in any case.

The user name is admin, the default admin password for OS-6 is password.  Are you saying those credentials don't work?

Message 15 of 16
Ylle
Tutor

@StephenB wrote:

The user name is admin, the default admin password for OS-6 is password.  Are you saying those credentials don't work?

Ahh... Just the wrong password.

I have performed the setup and also uppdated firmvare. Everything works fine.

Thank you very much for help!

Message 16 of 16
Discussion stats
  • 15 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements