× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

New Transmission add-on thread

alexmaras
Aspirant

Re: New Transmission add-on thread

nah - http://mydns.dns.com:54675/transmission/web/ (this is external, hence the long port number)
Message 351 of 921
nasaus1
Aspirant

in your config was that the peer port setting? eg was 54675 "peer port": 54675?
Message 352 of 921
alexmaras
Aspirant

🙂 no, i have my router set to forward 54675 (external) to 8181 (internal)
Message 353 of 921
nasaus1
Aspirant

hmmm could i get you to send me your a copy of your settings.json and transtop.sh and transtart.sh

because i think one of my settings is wrong because no matter what i do i cant connect remotely

😞
Message 354 of 921
nasaus1
Aspirant

I also wanted my seeds to only seed for like 10mins once done. How do you do this in transmission?

the solution i got was:

super-poussin wrote:
take a look here : http://www.readynas.com/contributed/sup ... meters.htm

(look at ratio and watch )

I changed my ratio to 1

but where is

watch
option that you talk about?

I only want torrents to seed for eg 10mins

Thanks
Everyone 🙂
Message 355 of 921
nasaus1
Aspirant

anyone???

thanks
Message 356 of 921
jaymelis
Aspirant

I've got a bunch of torrents running on my mac mini at the moment. I wanted to put these on the nas so they could seed more and i could clear some space.

I install the Transmission on my nvx and then i start adding the data to the Bittorrent folder. I reupp all the torrents and let him find the data. I do put my downloads at 0 kbps... so i won't accidently download torrents that are allready in.

Transmission only finds 1/3 of the data of the torrents. The other ones he just want to download again. The data is there...

How do i solve this problem?
Message 357 of 921
clowrym
Aspirant

I had posted this its own thread before i saw there was a post regarding transmission.....here may have been a better place!!!

I am trying to get my Transmission Client to store incomplete and Completed torrents on a 500G USB drive connected to my Readynas. I first tried /torrents/ (the name of my USB share) in the preferences pane of the web client, but it still created a file in the incomplete bit torrent folder, and didn't move it once it was completed. then i tried to modify the settings.json file with "incomplete-dir": "/torrents/Incomplete"" for the incomplete torrent settings & "download-dir": "/torrents/", with the second attempt i get "permission denied /torrents//**torrent folder name****"

any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!
Message 358 of 921
sjw
Aspirant
Aspirant

I've just uploaded over 50GB :shock: to a tracker and none of it has been recorded. :evil:
The stats only update once a day.
Their site mentions stopping the torrent as "This sends the "event=stopped" message to the tracker with your ratio stats for that particular torrent (since you last stopped the torrent)." Does pause do the same thing in Transmission?
Is there any way I can get this data into another client (utorrent?) and try an update from that? Where is the amount I have uploaded stored?
Message 359 of 921
varsas
Aspirant

Hi all. I just bought a ReadyNAS Duo and am thinking about installing Transmission since it seems to be the main bittorrent client. How do I install it? Do I just copy the bin? Where should it go and do I then just run the script "transtart.sh"?

Also 2.11 has removed the Watch facility? Is it possible to install this separately? I was hoping to use it with a tool that downloads from rss feeds; regarding this latter tool it looks like Flexget is the best one?

Can I assume that these 2 tools are the best in terms of resource usage?

Thanks.
Message 360 of 921
sdouek
Guide

Download add-on from here http://readynas.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=24271 then load add-on in frontview>update>local
Message 361 of 921
varsas
Aspirant

sdouek wrote:
Download add-on from here http://readynas.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=24271 then load add-on in frontview>update>local

Thanks but there's still a question regarding the removal of watchdog in 2.11? I'll have to manually add torrent to Transmission rather then just copy them to a directory?
Message 362 of 921
sdouek
Guide

try using "transmission remote"
Message 363 of 921
varsas
Aspirant

sdouek wrote:

The note regarding watchdog removal refers to root being filled, isn't it possible to get watchdog to use another location like Flexget as noted under configuration: http://flexget.com/wiki/InstallWizard/ReadyNAS ?
Message 364 of 921
super_poussin
Virtuoso

New Transmission add-on thread

varsas wrote:
sdouek wrote:

The note regarding watchdog removal refers to root being filled, isn't it possible to get watchdog to use another location like Flexget as noted under configuration: http://flexget.com/wiki/InstallWizard/ReadyNAS ?

Watchdog is now include in transmission

Super-Poussin
If you like my add-ons please donate 🙂
Message 365 of 921
sdouek
Guide

Poussin you are truly Super 🙂
Message 366 of 921
InTheShires
Tutor

HELP!

I have a couple of issues.

I recently updated my Duo firmware to 4.17, and took the opportunity to clean up my NAS at the same time, so I also formatted the disks so that everything was as new again and all my old junk was gone forever. I backed up my old "addon-config" and "webroot" folders and files prior to formatting so I could just put them back afterwards. (And edit if necessary)

OK, that's the background info out the way.

I've installed the latest Transmission. (2.11) and instead of using the default directory, I decided to create my own and then edited my backed up versions of the Transmission files in "Addons-Config" and "Webroot" with my new download location, while keeping all my other previous torrent settings the same. (Port, username, pass, etc)

However now Trans' won't open via the browser. (Either via Frontview or my previous bookmarked page) My router is still configured the same as when it was working.

The message Firefox gives me is: Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at 1XX.XXX.X.XXX:8181

Suggestions welcome please!

PS. PHP 1.3 is installed, and was installed first. Everything was running fine prior to 4.17 update.
Message 367 of 921
super_poussin
Virtuoso

InTheShires wrote:
HELP!

I recently updated my Duo firmware to 4.17, and took the opportunity to clean up my NAS at the same time, so I also formatted the disks so that everything was as new again and all my old junk was gone forever. I backed up my old "addon-config" and "webroot" folders and files prior to formatting so I could just put them back afterwards. (And edit if necessary)

OK, that's the background info out the way.

I've installed the latest Transmission. (2.11) and instead of using the default directory, I decided to create my own and then edited my backed up versions of the Transmission files in "Addons-Config" and "Webroot" with my new download location, while keeping all my other previous torrent settings the same. (Port, username, pass, etc)

However now Trans' won't open via the browser. (Either via Frontview or my previous bookmarked page) My router is still configured the same as when it was working.

The message Firefox gives me is: Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at 1XX.XXX.X.XXX:8181

Suggestions welcome please!

PS. PHP 1.3 is installed, and was installed first. Everything was running fine prior to 4.17 update.

install transmission again
Message 368 of 921
varsas
Aspirant

I just tried to install Automatic from here: http://www.readynas.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=48&t=41667 but there was a checksum problem and clearly it's actually for the Pro NAS; is a Duo NAS version? Or should I go for Flexget?
Message 369 of 921
sdouek
Guide

varsas wrote:
I just tried to install Automatic from here: viewtopic.php?f=48&t=41667 but there was a checksum problem and clearly it's actually for the Pro NAS; is a Duo NAS version? Or should I go for Flexget?

try viewtopic.php?f=47&t=41666&start=0 for the duo and you posted in the wrong thread this question does not belong here. Mod can you move the question and answer to proper location.
Message 370 of 921
user1011
Aspirant

Hello,

I'm trying to install transmission 2.12 on my readynas nv+ and got invalid checksum.

Firmware: RAIDiator 4.1.7 [1.00a043]
Message 371 of 921
InTheShires
Tutor

super-poussin wrote:
InTheShires wrote:
HELP!

install transmission again

I had done that already, but decided something was clearly amiss, so reinstalled the FW and then reinstalled the Addons and Trans is now working again, thanks SP. 😄
Message 372 of 921
enkrypt3d
Tutor

How do you disable DHT and peer exchange with Transmission when using a private tracker like supertorrent etc? Thx

Also after a while my uploads don't work... even with the upload limit turned off, the upload rate is 0Kb/s
Message 373 of 921
InTheShires
Tutor

enkrypt3d wrote:
How do you disable DHT and peer exchange with Transmission when using a private tracker like supertorrent etc? Thx

Also after a while my uploads don't work... even with the upload limit turned off, the upload rate is 0Kb/s

Disable DHT in the "settings.json" file, which is located in addons-config/transmission-daemon.

Edit the file, and change "true" to "false" in the DHT line. Save and close your text editor.

Also, make sure you disable Transmission in Frontview before you edit the above line. Once you've saved and closed the settings.json file, you can turn Transmission back on in Frontview.

As to your other problem, no idea I'm afraid.
Message 374 of 921
vandank
Aspirant

Hey!

Recently I've been unable to download any torrents from private trackers, but public ones work fine.
I can download the same torrents from any of my other computers on the same network, using Transmission on mac.

I always get these two error messages:
Announce error: tracker did not respond
Scrape error: tracker did not respond

Here's my setup:
ReadyNAS Duo
RAIDiator 4.1.7-T42
Transmission v2.11

I'm running with the default settings.

Please help me, it's very frustrating when it doesn't work. 🙂
Message 375 of 921
Top Contributors
Announcements