× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

New Transmission add-on thread

Chod
Aspirant

Re: New Transmission add-on thread

Hrm, in that case maybe I should look at upgrade the RAM to at least 512MB?

The only thing that concerned me was getting the right RAM, the last thing I want is it to screw up the Data stored on the device. I know there are those inbuilt RAM tests but even those aren't 100% right?
Message 551 of 921
MiG_098
Aspirant

2AndreaS54

I also have DUO with 1 GB RAM and I'm afraid to upgrade to the latest radiator 'cause of possible problems with Transmission (now use 2.04 w/o any problem).
Can you please tell me the version number of Transmission that works fine with the latest Radiator?
Message 552 of 921
AndreaS54
Aspirant

It's the latest, the 2.42
Message 553 of 921
MiG_098
Aspirant

Thank you, AndreaS54.
Message 554 of 921
brum
Aspirant

Hi,

Updated to 2.42 (ReadyNAS Duo), and Transmission keeps dying within perhaps 10 minutes from re-starting it.

Any ideas where to look for debugging info?

Regards,

brum
Message 555 of 921
peterdgreenway
Aspirant

v2.34.04 on ReadyNAS Pro 4.2.19

All

I have a very strange problem in so far as I get a status of 'Downloading' or 'Unknown'. The torrent can be started/resumed, they download fine and gets to 100% but never gets marked as completed ( or do I get an email telling me it is complete ). Has anyone else experienced this problem ? Whats the solution ? Permissions seem absolutely fine, but obviously something is not right.

Thanks

Peter
Message 556 of 921
Pedro_Rio
Aspirant

I had a littile issue updating 2.31 to 2.42. Now it makes "waitings" on some old and new torrents. Downgrading again to 2.31
Message 557 of 921
adamanth
Aspirant

Does anybody know if 2.42 for x86 available somewhere?
Message 558 of 921
dsm1212
Apprentice

It showed up as an update on frontview for me. Didn't work on the first try, but the second try did. I don't have the problems with 2.42 noted above either.

steve
Message 559 of 921
adamanth
Aspirant

Actualy now I'm on 2.12 and there is no update feature in fronview, so I would like to find the .bin with 2.42 to try it.
Message 560 of 921
Deaf_Raiders1
Aspirant

I kept getting Transmission Scrape Eroor: Could not connect to tracker. My brother in law's NAS(different house same ReadyNAS Duo) can connect to the tracker but not my NAS. I looked at the settings and it seems that my port is closed. I have opened it in the router and still states closed. I've tried every version of transmission and none of them work at all! I have not changed any of the file settings. I now i have the error Scrape Error: Tracker could not respond

The tracker is up and running.

Please help. On the latestRAIDiator 4.1.8 [1.00a043].
Message 561 of 921
Mr_B
Guide

I'm guessing i'll look ashamed when i read the answer, but, explain it to me as if i was stupid, how, n' where do i edit "/addons-config/Transmission/transmission-daemon/settings.json file" ?
I'm just assuming here, but since the file isn't visual "all the time" (at least, i don't find it, did i look in the wrong area?) i'm guessing i have to SSH in to the box, and find it there. Guess that means installing the SSH add-on, figuring out where the SSH port is, and what user it has set. Password is supposedly the same as the Frontview one, so i think i know that one. Should figure out how to change it, while changing the Transmission password. So far it's just the password that is eluding me, perhaps as i havent even started using transmission yet...

Does anyone have an opinion as to how well the NAS, running Transmission, plays with private trackers? And do's n' don't i should be aware of?
Thank you for your time.
B!
Message 562 of 921
JarnoG
Guide

The addons-config folder is a share, so the easiest way to get there is by browsing to your NAS using CIFS and the admin account (the one you use to log into Frontview). After that you can look up the settings.json file at the location mentioned. The addons-config folder isn't visible is you log in with CIFS using a guest account (if you give no credentials).

I'm using Transmission to download from private trackers and it's working fine with me. The only "problem" i see is that it doesn't show the total amount of seeds/peers when i'm using private trackers, it has no problem connecting to them though. It does show the total amount of seeds/peers when i'm using a public tracker.
Message 563 of 921
Mr_B
Guide

Guess i'm doing something wrong, when ever i try to connect to that share i get a popup asking for user / pass, but the user is preselected, and cant be changed, set to Readynas\Guest, with no working password. Well, none that i know at least. I got to get going, i've spent half an hour trying to figure this out with the help of Google, but so far no luck. I'll poke it with a bigger stick when i get home tonight.
B!
Message 564 of 921
Davidoff007
Aspirant

Is there somebody out here who can help fix the permissions?
I have made my own share called Torrent

Cifs - guestacces

HTTPS - user nobody

This are my settings.json :

{
"alt-speed-down": 50,
"alt-speed-enabled": false,
"alt-speed-time-begin": 540,
"alt-speed-time-day": 127,
"alt-speed-time-enabled": false,
"alt-speed-time-end": 1020,
"alt-speed-up": 50,
"bind-address-ipv4": "0.0.0.0",
"bind-address-ipv6": "::",
"blocklist-enabled": true,
"blocklist-url": "http://list.iblocklist.com/?list=bt_level1",
"cache-size-mb": 200,
"dht-enabled": false,
"download-dir": "/c/Torrent/",
"encryption": 1,
"idle-seeding-limit": 30,
"idle-seeding-limit-enabled": false,
"incomplete-dir": "/c/Torrent/Incomplete/",
"incomplete-dir-enabled": true,
"lazy-bitfield-enabled": true,
"lpd-enabled": false,
"max-peers-global": 200,
"message-level": 1,
"open-file-limit": 32,
"peer-congestion-algorithm": "",
"peer-limit-global": 240,
"peer-limit-per-torrent": 60,
"peer-port": 51413,
"peer-port-random-enabled": 0,
"peer-port-random-high": 65535,
"peer-port-random-low": 1024,
"peer-port-random-on-start": false,
"peer-socket-tos": "default",
"pex-enabled": true,
"pidfile": "/var/run/transmission-daemon.pid",
"port-forwarding-enabled": true,
"preallocation": 2,
"prefetch-enabled": 0,
"proxy": "",
"proxy-auth-enabled": false,
"proxy-auth-password": "",
"proxy-auth-username": "",
"proxy-enabled": false,
"proxy-port": 80,
"proxy-type": 0,
"ratio-limit": 2,
"ratio-limit-enabled": true,
"rename-partial-files": true,
"rpc-authentication-required": false,
"rpc-bind-address": "0.0.0.0",
"rpc-enabled": true,
"rpc-password": "{5dc7a02bbb1d2c7a464b3397689edf6e29b43f8eHLq.c65P",
"rpc-port": 8181,
"rpc-url": "/transmission/",
"rpc-username": "admin",
"rpc-whitelist": "*",
"rpc-whitelist-enabled": true,
"script-torrent-done-enabled": true,
"script-torrent-done-filename": "/c/addons-config/Transmission/email_alert",
"speed-limit-down": 100,
"speed-limit-down-enabled": false,
"speed-limit-up": 10,
"speed-limit-up-enabled": true,
"start-added-torrents": true,
"trash-original-torrent-files": false,
"umask": 0,
"upload-limit": 100,
"upload-limit-enabled": 0,
"upload-slots-per-torrent": 14,
"utp-enabled": false,
"watch-dir": "/c/Torrent/Watch ",
"watch-dir-enabled": true
}

Please help me?

Greetz a frustrated person :-(.
Message 565 of 921
JarnoG
Guide

I don't know if it matters, but I noticed that in my settings.json, there was no "/" at the end of the directory paths. So
"download-dir": "/c/Torrent/",
would be
"download-dir": "/c/Torrent",

Also, not that you have a space at the end of the path of your watch-dir, is that space also in the name of the directory?

Lastly, I don't know what permissions are set on a new folder if you log in with CIFS using a guest account...
Message 566 of 921
Davidoff007
Aspirant

@ JarnoG tnx for your comment, i haven't even tried the watch dir because nothing worked at first, but will soon try it out.
It is now possible for me to download torrents, my problem was the incomplete dir, i thought it would be made automatic by transmission but it didn't.
I made it manually and now i'm able to download, maybe this will help the others who are getting the same probs that i have.
Thank you for you patients (or something like that lol).

Edit: The watch dir is also working! 😄
Message 567 of 921
ianmacd
Aspirant

Guys, after upgrading to 2.42, the setting to control browser refresh frequency has disappeared.

This was always session-specific anyway and would often revert back to 5 seconds, but at least I could keep changing it. Now, the setting has been removed from Preferences.

Has anyone found a way to get this back? The JS file that one would normally edit to fix this globally is a binary in the ReadyNAS add-on, so I can't make the change there.

Cheers in advance for your help.
Message 568 of 921
endremerk
Aspirant

I'm having the same problem as the guy a bit further up.

Transmission says that "Port is closed" when I check the port in the UI menu.
I've tried a variety of versions, neither of them are working.

I've checked my router, and the port is open. (Even tried to change the port, and I can see that my router automatically changes so that the chosen port is open)

I also tried to use the "in-built" torrent client, but this is not working either.

I recently moved, and as far as I can remember, I was able to use the Transmission Add-On before this.
I've brought the router from my old house, but I've changed the ISP.

I first thought that the ISP in some way was blocking Torrent traffic, until i booted up my Ubuntu machine and tested Transmission from this. Works like a charm.

I'm lost here. Are there any others who have encountered this (and found a solution)?

EDIT:
Oh, and...

Current version:
RAIDiator 4.1.7
Transmission 2.31
Message 569 of 921
baygacon
Aspirant

2.33 is working a treat if anyone is still having issues with 2.42

Is it possible to have torrent-specific speed limits? If so, how is it configured?
Message 570 of 921
JarnoG
Guide

I don't know if it's possible with the standard web interface, but Transmission Remote dotnet can.
Right-click on the torrent -> Bandwidth allocation -> download/upload speed
Message 571 of 921
Deaf_Raiders1
Aspirant

I am thinking for restoring my NAS Duo back to factory reset. Don't know if anyone tried it and re-installed transmission and worked? I rely on transmission to up my ratio.
Message 572 of 921
baygacon
Aspirant

JarnoG wrote:
I don't know if it's possible with the standard web interface, but Transmission Remote dotnet can.
Right-click on the torrent -> Bandwidth allocation -> download/upload speed

thanks worked a treat!
Message 573 of 921
endquote
Aspirant

I've got a duo (original) and Transmission stopped working a long time ago... not sure why. I'm trying to update to the current version, but the "upload and verify" spinner on frontview just stays there forever. Is the Transmission addon still supported on the old Sparc units?
Message 574 of 921
phantomwhale
Aspirant

I've been trying to get it back up and running on my SPARC unit for ages now. 2.31 seems to install OK, but then crash every few hours. 2.33 onwards don't seem to install correctly (they show popup errors on frontview) and also fall over pretty quickly. And the older 2.1x version had constant trouble with changing the owner on key files, meaning torrents die with bad permission errors.

So overall I've not yet found a version that just works, and suspect future versions will continue to exhibit these issues. I've tried diagnosing what the errors are on install, but cannot see where this is logged, and have not been able to find anyone who knows either.

Now these could be issues with my box only, so please do still give it a shot, but as a warning I've been trying every month or so to sort my box out for about a year now, and think I'm going to have to find another solution 😞
Message 575 of 921
Top Contributors
Announcements