× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re-install ReadyNAS Photos does not re-create database

InTheShires
Tutor

Re: Re-install ReadyNAS Photos does not re-create database

Okay, have sorted out the odd issues above, and the Nas is now letting me install addons again. (viewtopic.php?f=7&t=54843)

However, I'm still getting same error message I posted before the extra problems started. I have reinstalled the addon and the Windows App.
Message 26 of 29
InTheShires
Tutor

InTheShires wrote:
Okay, have sorted out the odd issues above, and the Nas is now letting me install addons again. (viewtopic.php?f=7&t=54843)

However, I'm still getting same error message I posted before the extra problems started. I have reinstalled the addon and the Windows App.

Bumping for minerva et al...!

Still having these database issues, even though I've reinstalled the addon, and the app.
Message 27 of 29
InTheShires
Tutor

Another 48hrs passed, with no further support from the Photos team, despite their activity on other Photo threads.

This is an official addon, I'm not being unreasonable in expecting it to work, am I?
Message 28 of 29
InTheShires
Tutor

It's been over a month now since my 1st post on this problem, more than a week ago I sent a reminder that the issue is not solved, and I've still had no feedback from the RNPhotos team. Is RNP 1 still an active app?

I have had nothing but issues with this addon since installing it. It has never worked from day one. I've had weeks and weeks of frustration, either with ridiculous wait times for simple confirmation emails, password emails, and now for advice on making the addon perform as actually intended.

This will be my final call for support on the issue. The way RN Photos 1 is 'supported' is an embarrassment to Netgear, and just tarnishes what is otherwise a fairly decent product (RND), even if this is the budget end of the market. Netgear may as well make this a community addon, at least then, one would be more inclined to accept its failings.

Or, put WhoCares et al in charge of it and watch how things can, and should be done.

End of rant.
Message 29 of 29
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 28 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements