× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

SABnzbd 0.7.3 service fails to start

dchristey
Aspirant

SABnzbd 0.7.3 service fails to start

Hi,

I am having a problem but of a slightly different nature - I have updated to the "SABnzbd_0.7.3-rnsparc-0.7.7.bin" file - now the service fails to start on my ReadyNAS.

I have tried the following steps...

- Tried stopping the service and starting again.
- Rebooting the NAS
- Downgrading back to "SABnzbd_0.7.3-rnsparc-0.7.6.bin"

Any ideas?

Many thanks in advance.

/Dan.
Message 1 of 21
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: SABnzbd 0.7.3 service fails to start

Split from http://www.readynas.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=66904

Different problem so it needs a separate thread.

What version of the Python add-on do you have installed? Have you tried re-installing the Python add-on a few times (do not remove it, re-install it over the top of itself) then installing SABnzbd again?

What version of RAIDiator are you running?
Message 2 of 21
dchristey
Aspirant

Hi,

Thanks for the quick reply.

What version of the Python add-on do you have installed?

I am running v2.6 from the "v2.6.6-rnsparc-0.3.3" file.

Have you tried re-installing the Python add-on a few times (do not remove it, re-install it over the top of itself) then installing SABnzbd again?

No. I have other add-ons running off this OK, SickBeard & CouchPotato, so I don't think the issue lies with Python.

What version of RAIDiator are you running?

I am running RAIDiator 4.1.10

Regards,
Daniel.
Message 3 of 21
WhoCares_
Mentor

Are there any error messages in the logs you can connect to the problem?

-Stefan
Message 4 of 21
dchristey
Aspirant

Hi Stefan,

I get the following, which doesn't really help!

Mon Oct 1 12:14:12 WEST 2012 SABnzbd service failed to start.
Mon Oct 1 12:14:07 WEST 2012 SABnzbd service was already stopped or the service failed to stop.

I have downloaded the full logs, is there a log in particular I should refer to?

/Dan.
Message 5 of 21
WhoCares_
Mentor

Can't really say. The most interesting information would be in the logs of SAB itself which should be located in /c/.sabnzbd/logs. But to get to these you'd need to have SSH access to your NAS or have a file explorer installed.

-Stefan
Message 6 of 21
dchristey
Aspirant

Hi Stefan,

I have both SSH access and use SFTP for file access.

Would you like me to send you the logs?

/Dan.
Message 7 of 21
dchristey
Aspirant

2012-10-01 00:16:01,825::WARNING::[__init__:165] Signal 15 caught, saving and exiting...

Just seen this in the logs, not sure if it is related or not?

/Dan.
Message 8 of 21
WhoCares_
Mentor

What's in the lines before that. For Signal #15 is a request to terminate and normally is triggered from outside the application (e.g you pressing Ctrl-C or the system asking for shutdown because of a reboot or such).

-Stefan
Message 9 of 21
WhoCares_
Mentor

And while I just saw it: Since you're on an NV+, you may want to give any app some time to start up. One or two minutes maybe.

-Stefan
Message 10 of 21
dchristey
Aspirant

What's in the lines before that. For Signal #15 is a request to terminate and normally is triggered from outside the application (e.g you pressing Ctrl-C or the system asking for shutdown because of a reboot or such).

I get this...

2012-09-29 08:23:59,248::INFO::[postproc:627] Queue has finished, launching: None (None)

...but its a completely different date to the Signal#15 error.

And while I just saw it: Since you're on an NV+, you may want to give any app some time to start up. One or two minutes maybe.

I get the following error message, almost instantly.

SABnzbd service failed to start.

Thanks for your help so far.

/Dan.
Message 11 of 21
WhoCares_
Mentor

Can you send me the output of
dpkg -l | grep -v "^ii"

-Stefan
Message 12 of 21
dchristey
Aspirant

I have sent you a PM with the output.

/Dan.
Message 13 of 21
WhoCares_
Mentor

Looks like SAB didn't install correctly - try re-installing the add-on over the currently installed one and then run the dpkg-command from above again to check whether to entries for SAB are gone then.

-Stefan
Message 14 of 21
dchristey
Aspirant

I have tried reinstalling but to no avail.

I will try again and send you the output again.

/Dan.
Message 15 of 21
dchristey
Aspirant

Done. Check PM.

/Dan.
Message 16 of 21
dchristey
Aspirant

Thanks for your help in this matter - you can close this topic now.

/Dan.
Message 17 of 21
a_carneiro
Tutor

May I ask how you have solved this problem? I'm having the same issue with my latest update to SABnzbd 0.7.4 that I've just installed... 😞
Message 18 of 21
WhoCares_
Mentor

The problem in that case was that somehow the user had uninstalled Python. So a re-install of the Python add-on fixed the basic problem. If you have SSH access and could PM me the output of
dpkg -l | grep python
I may be able to help.

-Stefan
Message 19 of 21
dayvit
Aspirant

Hi,

I have installed the Phyton 2.7 and SABnzbd 0.7.6 on my readynas ultra 2 RAIDiator 4.2.19, the SABnzbd worked fine the last week, I downloaded many Gb, but suddenly it stopped working. I tried to access SABnzbd's web interface, and I get the message it can't be accessed. I saw some topics and tried somethings, but still can't access it.
I tried first to disable it on the add-ons interface, and enable it again, then I got the message It failed to start. So I tried to reinstall it without uninstalling it, and I get still the same failure.

I can't understand what is the problem.
Last time I was logged in, It tried to repair a 50gb movie and it was many movies wanting to unpacking and many other downloading. So I don't know if this led to a problem? The repairing was very slow, like almost a day, and only 11% repaired.

Could you please help me with the problem? 🙂

Thanks a lot.

Have a nice day:)
Message 20 of 21
dudeproductions
Aspirant

I have the same problem. When I install SABnzbd 0.7.12 it says it was installed successfully, but I am unable to start the service. I am running Phython 2.7.3. It is a Readynas Duo running RAIDiator 4.1.12.

Things I have tried:
- reboot
- reboot/reinstall (both Python and SABnzbd in any conceivable order)
- Factory reset followed by the above mentioned

I have SSH acces but 'dpkg -l | grep python' does not give any output (I have no idea what it should do, I am a Linux n00b). When I tried installing Sickbeard just to see what would happen it failed to install with the message "Python needs to be installed first". Sickbeard is, however, in the list of installed add-ons, despite the error during installation. Also, the directory 'c/.sabnzbd/logs' does not exist.

The command 'dpkg -l | grep -v "^ii"' gives the following output:

Desired=Unknown/Install/Remove/Purge/Hold
| Status=Not/Inst/Cfg-files/Unpacked/Failed-cfg/Half-inst/trig-aWait/Trig-pend
|/ Err?=(none)/Hold/Reinst-required/X=both-problems (Status,Err: uppercase=bad)
||/ Name Version Description
+++-=================================-===========================-============================================
pi mailx 1:8.1.2-0.20020411cvs-1 A simple mail user agent.
ri make 3.79.1-14 The GNU version of the "make" utility.
iU sabnzbdplus 0.7.12-0rnx3 web-based binary newsgrabber with nzb suppor
iU sabnzbdplus-theme-classic 0.7.12-0rnx3 classic interface templates for the SABnzbd+
iU sabnzbdplus-theme-knockstrap 0.7.12-0rnx3 knockstrap interface templates for the SABnz
iU sabnzbdplus-theme-mobile 0.7.12-0rnx3 mobile interface templates for the SABnzbd+
iU sabnzbdplus-theme-plush 0.7.12-0rnx3 plush interface templates for the SABnzbd+ b

Any thoughts on this issue? I am really getting fed-up with my NAS, I just want Sickbeard and SABnzbd to work since I paid for them.
Message 21 of 21
Discussion stats
  • 20 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 6 in conversation
Announcements