× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Subsonic 4.5.02 crashing?

dhl
Luminary
Luminary

Subsonic 4.5.02 crashing?

@Super-Poussin,

I've been testing Subsonic while waiting for Orb to fix their problems and am enjoying it quite a bit. If iSub ever brings video streaming, it could be a fantastic Orb replacement.

I'm noticing a couple issues with version 4.5.02. I'm running it on a Pioneer Pro at 4.2.17.

1) the green on-status indicator turns off after refreshing the browser window (even though the server is running).
2) the subsonic server eventually stops running (crashes?) and needs to be restarted manually.

I've seen other threads about a crash problem with an older version of the add-on. Was wondering if you had any advice about these problems in the current version.

Thanks!
--dhl
Message 1 of 4
super_poussin
Virtuoso

Re: Subsonic 4.5.02 crashing?

will take a look
Message 2 of 4
nomosquitosinca
Aspirant

Any update on this issue? I am running 4.2.18 Firmware on ReadyNAS Ultra 4 Plus, every morning have to manually restart the Subsonic plugin.
Message 3 of 4
dk0r
Guide

This stability issue seems to be reoccurring as it was previously addressed in version 1.9 with a patch by a forum member found here.
Super-poussin stated in that thread that he would incorporate this patch into the next release which has now long passed so either he did not incorporate it or this is a new issue.

I'm having similar stability issues running a factory-default install of the latest Radiator beta 4.2.19-T4 w/ Subsonic 4.5.03.

Again, I'm running:
- Readynas Pro Pioneer-Radiator 4.2.19-T4
- Subsonic 4.5.03 (Updated from 2.0.00 to 4.5.03 via Frontview) w/ default transcoding configuration
- ffmpeg 1.3 (Updated from 1.2 to 1.3 via Frontview)
- Android Subsonic music streamer 3.0.1
- HTC EVO 3D-Android 2.3.3 (Sprints stock ROM, no OTA updates)
Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements