× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Upload problems

Smurf1975
Aspirant

Upload problems

I'm trying to upload the file "Skifta 1.0.3" to my ReadyNAS with 4.18. I get note that the file is not valid for this structure (translated from Swedish Uppdateringsfilen är inte giltig för den här arkitekturen).

I have tried with Firefox, IE9 and Chrome (all updated)

Anyone that can help me?
Message 1 of 6
bbaraniec
Luminary

Re: Upload problems

Skifta is only for x86 architecture Ultra/Pro/NVX and you are trying to install it on Duo.
Message 2 of 6
Smurf1975
Aspirant

ahhh Thanks.. But that makes me think I dont like the app 😛
Message 3 of 6
gibxxi
Guide

I wouldn't worry about it. Skifta.com have changed their authentication server, which has broken the current version of the add-on anyway. And all references to it from the main ReadyNAS website have since dissappeared, so i'm thinking Skifta has gone the same way as Orb as far as Netgear are concerned.

I wish Netgear would choose a provider AND BLOODY WELL STICK TO IT, or just avoid partnerships like this altogether. Fed up of creating accounts for these types of service only for Netgear to pull support for them without warning or notification. It's getting old.
Message 4 of 6
edanto
Aspirant

I've got an NV+, and I get the same error when I try to install this add-on. I'm guessing that means that the NV+ won't run it. Probably moot based on the above post anyways, but I looking forward to testing Skifta.
Message 5 of 6
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

The NV+ v1 is Sparc and the NV+ v2 is ARM. Neither are x86 so they won't run Skifta.

See How to tell whether I have a Duo v1 or Duo v2 or NV+ v1 or NV+ v2
Message 6 of 6
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements