× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

What addon can stream 'mkv' file to PS3

Dexter1759
Aspirant

Re: What addon can stream 'mkv' file to PS3

I know this is an old post but I too have issues with mkv files. Previously I happily converted them using mkv2vob and I'll happily continue doing so, but the annoying thing is now the mkv files are automatically downloaded to my ReadyNAS Duo, running mkv2vob on my PC, takes an absolute age due to the slowness of file transfer!

Windows tends to report a maximum speed of 9-10Mb/sec on a good day, I was hoping this would improve with Virgin media's superhub that is Gigabit (unlike my old router), but alas it doesn't seem any differenct and what used to take minutes now takes hours!

So if anyone has any idea/ suggestions I'd be hugely grateful.
Message 26 of 30
sdouek
Guide

1) As of date the PS3 does not support mkv files.

2) Yes there is a version of PS3 Media Server but you must have a Pro or better

here is the link:

PS3 Media Server for ReadyNAS PRO

Remember this is a community add-on with little support do this at your own risk. Now that the warning is out of the way hope it works for you 🙂
Message 27 of 30
d4dammit
Aspirant

So did the PS3 Media Server for Ready NAS work for you?

I just got my NV+ and can see all my movie files on the PS3 but the mkv files are 'unsupported format' or something like that...
Shed some light if it worked Dexter1759
Message 28 of 30
famousnamess
Aspirant

To insert mkv to ps3,Avdshare is better to convert mkv to ps3  more supported MPEG-1, WMV, AVI.

Message 29 of 30
aarnet
Aspirant

mkv file to PS3 --> PS3 Muxer

my recommendations:  PS3 Muxer - very quickly conversion mkv for PS3

http://ps3muxer.org/

Message 30 of 30
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
Announcements