× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

app install suddenly not working

Dewdman42
Virtuoso

app install suddenly not working

I have been using my readynas Ultra 2 plus for a few yeas without incident.  Recently I started getting the following error whenever I try to install an addon, including .bin files I had previously installed without incident in the past:

"Update file is not valid for this architecture"

I know I have the correct .bin files, they installed in the past perfectly fine.  

What might be causing this error and how can I get the machine working again?  I am unable to install latest Plex updates, and unable to reinstall addons such as sabnzbd now.  

Message 1 of 6
StephenB
Guru

Re: app install suddenly not working

Do you have ssh enabled?

Message 2 of 6
Dewdman42
Virtuoso

yes

Message 3 of 6
Dewdman42
Virtuoso

I think I figured it out.  /tmp was large and filled up the root filesystem.  Cleared out tmp and seems to be working now.  Seems like readynas should do this routinely, but maybe it does?  Anyone know how I can make that happen more often?

Message 4 of 6
StephenB
Guru

I don't think the 4.2.x firmware does clean it.  My Pro has a few files in /tmp from 2010.

My OS6 systems are pretty empty though - just one log file and a couple of hidden (but empty) folders.

What files were in there?

Message 5 of 6
Dewdman42
Virtuoso

They are long gone now and I don't remember.  

Message 6 of 6
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements