× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

torrenter - Simple tool for downloading torrent files from a

Bjornemann
Aspirant

torrenter - Simple tool for downloading torrent files from a

Hi guys!

Just wanted to share a short application I wrote to download torrent files from an RSS-feed and store them to a directory. I've used Automatic to download torrents from showrss.karmorra.info and store them in a directory Transmission listens to. Lately I found out that Automatic isn't doing the job anymore, so I decided to write my own substitution in go. It is a tiny application that checks the RSS-feed you give it every n seconds and downloads any new torrents found. These are stored in a directory you specify, hopefully the same one that Transmission listens to.

Check out the source code at https://github.com/fjukstad/torrenter and try it out on your ReadyNas! I'm been running it for a short week now, and it hasn't caused any trouble yet.. Please note that I wrote this piece of software in a night, so submit any issues to the github repo and I'll have a look!

Cheers,
Bjørn
Message 1 of 5
delhux
Aspirant

Re: torrenter - Simple tool for downloading torrent files fr

Thanks. I am in the same situation you were. I am trying to get this installed now (not sure I have go installed properly, yet).

I noticed the notes indicated this is only functional with magnets. Is that accurate? Will it not function with torrent files?
Message 2 of 5
Bjornemann
Aspirant

Hi,

It's correct that it will only work with magnets, since it's what http://showrss.info/ is using in their RSS-feed. If you'd like me to add support for another feed, just post it and I'll see what I can do!

Bjørn
Message 3 of 5
mannynz
Tutor

Hi Bjørn,

Is your app still available?

Thanks!
Message 4 of 5
Bjornemann
Aspirant

Hi! I made the repo private, but send me a pm with your e-mail and I'll send you the source code.

Bjørn
Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements