× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Allow only one network interface for iSCSI

acng
Aspirant

Allow only one network interface for iSCSI

Hi,

I know this type of questions have been asked long back but am hoping there is a way around it.

I have ReadyNAS 4220 with one active 1Gb and one active 10Gb network interfaces. The problem is my initiator connects to the target with two IPs in the port group (one for 1Gb and the other for 10Gb). The initiator always connects to the 1Gb which is not desirable. Is there a way to restrict iSCSI traffic to only the 10Gb interface?

The initiator is Windows Server 2012 R2. When creating the connection, I did specify the 10Gb interface to connect but it still shows up connecting to the 1Gb even after the server was rebooted. And the port group on the initiator side shows both IPs but both have index 0. 

Thanks,

Model: RN4220X|ReadyNAS 4220 10Gbase-T
Message 1 of 3
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Allow only one network interface for iSCSI

You could configure your network so that the server can only connect to the NAS over 10G. One way to do this would be to configure VLANs on your switch.

Message 2 of 3
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Allow only one network interface for iSCSI

The Linux default behaviour is to use the weak host method model so it will default to using the first connected network port that's in the same subnet.

Having two NICs on the same subnet with different I.P. addresses is going to cause routing issues.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements