× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Broken Rn Pro 4 after trying to update to 6.7.3 - cycle: startup faild - Retry startup 90 %

Nr4
Aspirant
Aspirant

Broken Rn Pro 4 after trying to update to 6.7.3 - cycle: startup faild - Retry startup 90 %

Hi,

because of SambaCry I wantet to update to 6.7.3. The update failed and the Box was still on 6.7.1. So I gave it a second try. This time the box was several times trying to updat with some reboots inbetween. In ended up in a not starting box with the 'startup faild- Retry startup 90 %' message.

I can ssh into the box...

Is it save to power down the box via front buttom?

Best regards,

Martin

Model: ReadyNAS RNDP4220|ReadyNAS Pro 4
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Broken Rn Pro 4 after trying to update to 6.7.3 - cycle: startup faild - Retry startup 90 %

If you have updated to 6.7.3 and ran into this issue please try USB Boot Recovery with ReadyNAS OS 6.7.4 which is now available!

If you have not yet upgraded please upgrade to 6.7.4 rather than 6.7.3. If your system has already been fixed I would still suggest updating to 6.7.4.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3

All Replies
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Broken Rn Pro 4 after trying to update to 6.7.3 - cycle: startup faild - Retry startup 90 %

I've sent you a PM. You'll probably need to force power off the system to do the shutdown required before the steps I gave you.

Message 2 of 3
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

If you have updated to 6.7.3 and ran into this issue please try USB Boot Recovery with ReadyNAS OS 6.7.4 which is now available!

If you have not yet upgraded please upgrade to 6.7.4 rather than 6.7.3. If your system has already been fixed I would still suggest updating to 6.7.4.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements