× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

How do I purchase a data recovery from Netgear for a RN204? #28220911

mtuhusky
Aspirant

How do I purchase a data recovery from Netgear for a RN204? #28220911

Model: RN204

Firmware: 6.6.1

My RN204 with 4x 16TB WD Red drives has apparently corrupted and lost its X-RAID (RAID5?) BTRFS file system. I'm seeing a ton of errors and I'm not sure what to do next, but I'd like my data recovered if possible, and it's been an absolute pain to try to figure out how to get support for this, or how much it should cost.

The original error read something like "Remove inactive volumes to use the disk. Disk #1,2,3,4."

Logs showed a bunch of stuff, including the following:

BTRFS (device md127): bad tree block start

systemd-journald[990]: File /var/log/journal/092fe2a515314c8c9abfb22e9c9cd5f8/system.journal corrupted or uncleanly shut down, renaming and replacing.

and some other info about bad superblocks and whatnot.

Where do I go from here? I'm looking for professional support and will work from there. Thanks.

Model: RN204|ReadyNAS 204
Message 1 of 2
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: How do I purchase a data recovery from Netgear for a RN204? #28220911

I see you've sent in your logs already. Unfortunately some of the most important logs for analysing a problem like this are missing.

It looks like you're using iSCSI with VMWare not NFS?

It also looks like you just use it to store VMs not for ordinary file shares over e.g. SMB/AFP?

From what you've posted and from the logs it's clear that it's a data recovery situation.

The costs start at about $200 USD for initial diagnostics for data recovery. Support can confirm what the current cost is.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements