× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RN 212 -- ReadyShare does not detct

DonaldBurton
Follower

RN 212 -- ReadyShare does not detct

ReadyShare Vault (updated to 17/05/2020) does not detect my new RN212 (bought to replace a legacy readyNas Duo) in Backup Step 1:Select Backup Drive even though my legacy ReadyNas Duos are offerred. How can I get ReadyShare Vault to offer my new ReadyNas RN212 as an availableBackup Drive?

I am operating Windows 10 PCs and all of them can see and explore the new ReadyNAS RN212 drive in Network of Windows Explorer.  can  map a drive letter to the RN212 pre-installed folders (Documents etc). Does the RN212 need to be reconfigured to accept backups?

The ReadyNas RN212 is running firmware version 6.10.3

Attached are a selection of screen shots showing Raidar dtection of RN212, Windows Explorer detection of RN212 and ReadyShareCloud failure to detect RN212

Model: RN212|2 BAY Desktop ReadyNAS Storage
Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru

Re: RN 212 -- ReadyShare does not detct

I can't read the text in your screenshots - it's better if you don't reduct their resolution.

I've never used ReadyShare vault, but it looks like it was originally intended to save directly to USB disks or to a USB disk connected to a Netgear Router.  https://kb.netgear.com/23861/How-to-setup-ReadySHARE-Vault-Free-Backup-Software

Are you saying that you used this program with your duo?

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies
StephenB
Guru

Re: RN 212 -- ReadyShare does not detct

I can't read the text in your screenshots - it's better if you don't reduct their resolution.

I've never used ReadyShare vault, but it looks like it was originally intended to save directly to USB disks or to a USB disk connected to a Netgear Router.  https://kb.netgear.com/23861/How-to-setup-ReadySHARE-Vault-Free-Backup-Software

Are you saying that you used this program with your duo?

Message 2 of 2
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements