× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

AC1600 C6250 KEEPS DROPPING CONECTION

Tyler_Sel
Aspirant

AC1600 C6250 KEEPS DROPPING CONECTION

Internet was working fin until monday. I have had this router/modem for a year or so. I first called my internet provider to see if it was on their end. They said that it looked "weird" and that they could send out a tech but it would cost me if it was the netgear rather than the provider.

After unplugging for 2 mins, and waiting 5 mins to connect any device, the internet LED is off and the up arrow is flashing green, and the modem is "offline" noted from the netgear login genie page.

After repeating a second time, the internet LED is green and works. This is short lived.

I then factory reset the netgear device, reboot, and preform the recycle again. This works for the remander of the night.

Next morning the internet LED is off again. I recycled again (2mins off, 5mins start up) and the Internet LED is on and working.
This is short lived. I call netgear, im out of warrenty and they tell me it is fixable 100%.

I can afford the yearly subscription so i want to fix it myself.

I was told there is and interference in the server. This is stopping the signal from the internet provider.

Any thoughts?
Model: C6250|AC1600 WiFi Cable Modem Router
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
plemans
Guru

Re: AC1600 C6250 KEEPS DROPPING CONECTION

many times in apartment living, the isp sends the signal to all the outlets. this can drop the performance. If you have a splitter, remove it. Then hook up the modem and check the cable connections page and logs. 

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4

All Replies
plemans
Guru

First thing. remove any splitters, amplifiers, attenuators from your coax line. 

Also, move the C6250 to right where the coax enters the home. This prevents the wiring in the home being the issue. That way if the ISP does need to come out, it helps avoid them charging you. Usually, they're responsible for any issues external to the home. by moving the modem you've ruled out issues in the home. That only leaves the line or the modem. 

Once you've moved it and turned it back on, see if it works. if it does or doesn't, log into it and get a screen snip of the cable connections page and the logs. Post those back here. It lets us gett a glimpse of the connection back to the isp. 

Message 2 of 4
Tyler_Sel
Aspirant

I live in an appt and cant find where the Coax enters the home. Ill ask my neighbors if they know. I did find one splitter. This is the only coax cable in use in the house since we dont have cable TV.

I will have to do some digging around this weekend. Once I have completed all your suggestions, I will post the screenshot. Thanks for your help.
Message 3 of 4
plemans
Guru

many times in apartment living, the isp sends the signal to all the outlets. this can drop the performance. If you have a splitter, remove it. Then hook up the modem and check the cable connections page and logs. 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7