× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

AC1750/R6400 v2 Slow internet speed

nsham
Aspirant

AC1750/R6400 v2 Slow internet speed

I have Uverse Gig speed and hardwired from that router, I get on average 900mb download and around 750 upload but through the Netgear router using the same cable and connection, I barely get over 250.  I get faster speed on my phone and other devices NOT connected to the Netgear Device.

WMM and QoS are not enabled and the firmware is updated to V1.0.4.106_10.0.80.  No parental controls are enabled as well.  

I have seen on a few other posts that there was a bad firmware update a while ago and some users were able to solve the issue by downgrading....is that still the only fix?

Model: R6400|AC1750 Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 4
plemans
Guru

Re: AC1750/R6400 v2 Slow internet speed

what firmware do you have on it? 

what gateway do you have? 

Did you factory reset and do a clean install?

make sure to leave disabled: qos, parental controls, access controls, and traffic monitoring. 

also, att is notorious for using gateway/router devices which can cause a double nat. 

https://kb.netgear.com/30186/What-is-Double-NAT

FYI, WMM should be enabled. 

Message 2 of 4
nsham
Aspirant

Thanks for the response.....firmware is listed in the first post - V1.0.4.106_10.0.80

I did a factory reset before posting the question

I had a Linksys router and had no issuses with it and have been with ATT for years.

I will try the factory reset again

Message 3 of 4
plemans
Guru

What att gateway is it? 

Some routers have issues with double nat. 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7