× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

AC1750 will not connect to internet after reset

sgtjjj
Aspirant

AC1750 will not connect to internet after reset

My wifi bands quit broadcasting on my AC1750  and when I checked Genie I saw that the "Enable wifi" buttons were greyed out. The recommended solution for that was to do the paperclip reset button procedure which I did. That did restore both wifi bands but now I cannot connect to the internet via the modem. I've tried the turn off/turn on procedure repeatedly and went through the steps of adding both the router and computer MAC addresses as well as other troubleshooting steps. Still cannot connect. Luckily I'm a packrat and still have my 3700 in the closet. Hooked that back up and it works fine, but I need something a bit beefier for my smart TV's etc. Does someone have a another trick I could try before I toss it in the trash and buy a 1900? What is Netgear's warranty period? A year I suppose. Just my luck, I've had it 13 months.

Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
sgtjjj
Aspirant

Re: AC1750 will not connect to internet after reset

Thank You, that did it. Patience was never my greatest virtue!

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 4

All Replies

When you mess around with the settings of bit of the network you need to restart the whole network in the right way.

Be sure to restart your network in this sequence:

• Turn off and unplug the modem.
  • Turn off the modem router and computers.
  • Plug in the modem and turn it on. Wait 2 minutes.
  • Turn on the modem router and wait 2 minutes.
  • Turn on the computers.

By the way AC1750 is not a Netgear model number. It is a label that Netgear, and others, attach to their hardware to describe their wifi speeds. Netgear makes a bunch of AC1750 devices.

On the wifi thing, what did the wifi LED look like? Any chance that someone press the wifi on/off button?

Message 2 of 4
sgtjjj
Aspirant

Thank You, that did it. Patience was never my greatest virtue!

Message 3 of 4

That's good news. Glad it worked out, and thanks for reporting back. The "Solved" flag could help someone else in future.

@sgtjjj wrote:

Patience was never my greatest virtue!

I bet you wasted more time by just diving in!

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7