× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: C3700 Routelogin

SecurityQ
Aspirant

C3700 Routelogin

Hello!
I have been using C3700 modem router since 2018 (with Xfinity as internet provider). I have lately been having trouble accessing internet, and I narrowed down the issue to my router.
Today while trying to connect to my wifi, I was asked to sign-in to my wifi and it automatically led me to routelogin.com where I was asked to create a new password for the routelogin account. This has happened for the very first time. I have never been asked to create an account for routelogin, let alone change the password.
This feel very sketchy to me, and I was hoping to get your opinion. Does this sound normal? Or do you think there might be a security issue such as getting hacked?
Model: C3700|N600 Cable Gateway Docsis 3.0
Message 1 of 4
plemans
Guru

doubt it was a hack. 
More likely it was a security update to make you change the security from the default. 

What issue are you having access the internet? 

Message 2 of 4
SecurityQ
Aspirant

Great thanks for the response.

I kept losing wifi connection (at least once a day), especially during important calls/meetings which was very frustrating. Earlier I thought it was Xfinity, but later realized that it could be my router. I haven't lost internet since I changed that password yet. I'll see if I lose it again.
Message 3 of 4
plemans
Guru

Get a screen snip of the cable connections page and the event logs. That lets us check the signal back to the isp. 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7