× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
× Introducing the new Orbi 770 Series Mesh System. To learn more click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Cannot access some sites with last 2 Netgear routers I have installed using default settings with wi

PEY
Aspirant
Aspirant

Cannot access some sites with last 2 Netgear routers I have installed using default settings with wi

I cannot access the site rail-logic.com with any of my devices over wired or wireless connection using the Nighthawk X10 or X6 router.

All settings are factory default.

If I bypass the router and connect directly to the cable modem, I can access the site with no problem.

If I use my wireless hot spot on my cell phone, I can also access the site with all my devices.

I read older post and tried changing the MTU setting with no improvement.

Appreciate any help, as the problem appears to be with the Netgear routers, and so far, I cannot find any settings to change that will allow me to access the site. I am impressed with the speed and the range of these routers.

My router is not in the list, so showing here. Nighthawk X10 AD7200 Smart WiFi Router.

Model: AC1450|Gigabit Smart WiFi router
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
PEY
Aspirant
Aspirant

Re: Cannot access some sites with last 2 Netgear routers I have installed using default settings wit

Changing my MAC address fixed the problem. Thanks to everyone who responded.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3

All Replies
netwrks
Master

Re: Cannot access some sites with last 2 Netgear routers I have installed using default settings wit

Did you power off your modem for about ten minutes before plugging your new router into the modem? (gives time for your ISP to age out the old MAC address). You can also try cloning your laptop MAC address onto the routerand retry..

Message 2 of 3
PEY
Aspirant
Aspirant

Changing my MAC address fixed the problem. Thanks to everyone who responded.

Message 3 of 3
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi 770 Series