× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
× Introducing the new Orbi 770 Series Mesh System. To learn more click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Cannot connect to internet

Mardo
Tutor

Cannot connect to internet

Hello

My new wifi router Netgear WNDR3700v5 N600 wont connect via WAN port to internet. IP, DNS, MASK etc. is set all right.The internet connection button on router has green light.  The status of internet connection shows (INTERNET STATUS GOOD), but in real I cannot ping DNS through cable or wifi as well and network in right corner shows no acess to internet.Everithing is working fine on old router TP link TL-WR340G...but cant move with this one.

netg1.jpg

netgr5.jpg

After using setup wizard there is problem detecting internet connection and internet connection button on router turns off . Internet status shows error connection.

netg2.jpg

netg3.jpg

Please if somebody has experience with this replay my message. I hope that happend just for some bad setting... 😞 I  reset router to factory defaults several times and repeat setting step by step but without result.

Thank You.

Model: WNDR3700v5|N600 WiFi Dual Band Gigabit Router
Message 1 of 10

Accepted Solutions
Mardo
Tutor

Re: Cannot connect to internet

It was just my carelessness, I was using Netgear original MAC and  ISP fixed on their device my IP adress for MAC on old TP link router...I just rewrite it and everithing start working.

View solution in original post

Message 10 of 10

All Replies

I assume that this router is connected to a modem of some sort. If so, what modem?

Perhaps you have to reconfigure it, or the router, to work together.

Message 2 of 10
Mardo
Tutor

The router is directly connected to ISP cable network

Message 3 of 10
TheEther
Guru

+1

I see a couple of items of concern about the Internet Port in the 2nd screenshot.

1. 10.9.76.6 is a private IP address.  This is usually a sign that the modem has a built-in router.  It's usually not a good idea to connect two routers in series.  You should either disable the router in the modem or reconfigure the WNDR3700 as an Access Point.
  2. The Internet Port connection type is listed as FixedIP.  Unless the ISP instructed you to use a specific IP address, you should change the Internet settings to obtain its IP address dynamically.
Message 4 of 10
Mardo
Tutor

Thank You a lot...I will try to reconfigure it as AP

Message 5 of 10

@Mardo wrote:

It still needs a box somewhere between you and the outside world.

I haven't encountered an ISP that delivers through a bare cable.

Message 6 of 10
TheEther
Guru

@michaelkenward wrote:

@Mardo wrote:

It still needs a box somewhere between you and the outside world.

I haven't encountered an ISP that delivers through a bare cable.

The key is whether that box is accessible (as in "Can I log into it?").  A few people here with WiMax have no such access.  For these people, the Internet, for all practical purposes, is delivered through a bare cable.

Message 7 of 10
Mardo
Tutor

Problem solved

MAC adress  was the problem... TY guys for your advices

Have a nice day

Message 8 of 10

Well done.

For the benefit of fellow sufferers, what was the problem with the MAC address and how did you fix it?

Message 9 of 10
Mardo
Tutor

It was just my carelessness, I was using Netgear original MAC and  ISP fixed on their device my IP adress for MAC on old TP link router...I just rewrite it and everithing start working.

Message 10 of 10
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi 770 Series