× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Changing existing network name and password for my WNR 2000

EandH
Aspirant

Changing existing network name and password for my WNR 2000

Hello 🙂

When I had no internet connection, and tried to connect to my usual connection I was unable to find it anywhere. I muddled around until I tried to connect a network and it take me through the stepps that set up my router anew, with a new network name and security key. I tried figuring out how to change the network name and security key (same as pass word??), but I have no idea how to go by it, please advise. THANK YOU!

EandH 🙂

Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
EandH
Aspirant

Re: Changing existing network name and password for my WNR 2000

Hello,

I apologize for my late response. I have just now utilized the steps you suggested. It got me into my router information page in zip speed 🙂 I am pretty sure it will have steps to take me to change my IP password but at this point I have not found it. There is so much information, I

will need to make time to make it through.

However, I am very THANKFUL for your assistance, it has given me great peace of mind to access my router information should I need to in the future.

THANK YOU!!

All the best!!

Heidrun 🙂

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3

All Replies
Master_Raki
Aspirant

Hi,

Try to access your router's configuration screen and look for the wireless setting option there. You should be able to change the name annd password of your network there. 

Just enter routerlogin.com in your browser's address field and when it ask for the login, try admin for the username and password for password.

Hope that works for you....

Have a goood one!

PS: Be sure your computer is connected to the router when you perform the steps mentioned 🙂

Message 2 of 3
EandH
Aspirant

Hello,

I apologize for my late response. I have just now utilized the steps you suggested. It got me into my router information page in zip speed 🙂 I am pretty sure it will have steps to take me to change my IP password but at this point I have not found it. There is so much information, I

will need to make time to make it through.

However, I am very THANKFUL for your assistance, it has given me great peace of mind to access my router information should I need to in the future.

THANK YOU!!

All the best!!

Heidrun 🙂

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7