× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Connected No Internet After Reset

GamRHero95
Follower

Connected No Internet After Reset

I need serious help. After I reset my router and finding the password when trying to connect wirelessly, it went through but it said "Connected, No Internet".

Mind you I had my Netgear C3700 router for years and it worked just fine until I decided to reset my router to make it stop lagging my games.

My ISP is Xfinity and I always paid my bills on time and it's not due to pay for it yet. So because I reset my router I have to start over with Xfinity to get it working again?

And how can I change my username and password of my router after reset? I tried the link, www.routerlogin.net and www.routerlogin.com,
from the bottom of my router but that's outdated as it keeps redirecting me to an site where it wants me to use the Nighthawk app but I don't have Nighthawk...

So what should I do to get my Internet back after reset? I already unplugged it and replugged it, what else should I do?
Model: C3700|N600 Cable Gateway Docsis 3.0
Message 1 of 4

Re: Connected No Internet After Reset

@GamRHero95 wrote:
I need serious help. After I reset my router and finding the password when trying to connect wirelessly, it went through but it said "Connected, No Internet".

What said "Connected, No Internet"?

You photo suggests that you have an Internet connection.

@GamRHero95 wrote:

And how can I change my username and password of my router after reset? I tried the link, www.routerlogin.net and www.routerlogin.com,
from the bottom of my router but that's outdated as it keeps redirecting me to an site where it wants me to use the Nighthawk app but I don't have Nighthawk...

Which username and password? The browser graphical user interface (GUI) or the wifi?

Use the GUI to access the modem/router.

You might get more help, and find earlier questions and answers specific to your device, in the appropriate section for your hardware. That's probably here:

Cable Modems & Routers

I will ask the Netgear moderator to move your message.

In the meantime you could visit the support pages:

Support | NETGEAR

Feed in your model number and check the documentation for your hardware. Look at the label on the device for the model number.

You may have done this already. I can't tell from your message.

I mention it because Netgear stopped supplying printed manuals and CD versions some years ago and people sometimes miss the downloads.

Message 2 of 4
plemans
Guru

I couldn't tell by the photos if the lights where actually "on" other than the 2.4ghz/5ghz being lit up green. Not sure if its my crappy monitor or just to much light in the photo. Are the power/upstream/downstream/internet icons on and what color are they? 

Do you have a screen snip of the cable connections page and event logs? 

Message 3 of 4
plemans
Guru

Try going to 192.168.100.1 for an address for it.
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7