× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Control R6100 via Command Line Interface

chiffshinz
Aspirant

Control R6100 via Command Line Interface

As said in the title, I would like to do some tasks via a CLI. In the manual I wasn't able to find any information about a Command Line feature. Does this mean there is no such feature?

Model: R6100|AC1200 Dual Band Router
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru

Re: Control R6100 via Command Line Interface

I've never seen any documentation for this.  But you could perhaps take a wireshark trace, and see what the browser sends when you enable/disable wifi.  There might be some other settings in the mix that you'd also need to re-send.  

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 5

All Replies
VE6CGX
Master

What are you trying to do?  Are you familiar with Linux?

Message 2 of 5
chiffshinz
Aspirant

Thanks for the response 🙂

I want to host a website which is available over the internet which contains a button for setting the wireless on and off.

The idea is, that family & me can set the wifi on and off from our mobile phones over cellular data.

The server is connected to the router. My only problem now is, that I want to execute a script against the router when this button is pressed.

I'm familiar with web technologies and security and also unix systems.

Hope that this clarifies some things.

Message 3 of 5
StephenB
Guru

I've never seen any documentation for this.  But you could perhaps take a wireshark trace, and see what the browser sends when you enable/disable wifi.  There might be some other settings in the mix that you'd also need to re-send.  

Message 4 of 5
chiffshinz
Aspirant

Yeah I think I'll stick to that.
I already investigated the initial request wich has basic http authentication realm. I was able to replicate the request and got a response from the router.
I also found out, that my Router supports the Genie App which communicates via SOAP. Maybe I could also do it that way and implememt further functionalities much easier and less painfull.
Anyways, thank you guys for the fast responses.
Cheers.
Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7