× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
× Introducing the new Orbi 770 Series Mesh System. To learn more click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Genie App and security help!!

EmmyAnn
Aspirant

Genie App and security help!!

Please help!  I bought the router for my apartment, it is registered under my name and I want to use the genie app to control the wifi. I think one roommate has connected to the genie app and is messing with the network map and who has internet access.  This is my router so I want to make sure that only I have the power to do that with the genie app.  But I do not know how to do that.  The password for the genie app is automatically the wifi password.  I do not want to change the password on all of my roommates, I just want to be the only one in control of the router and who has access via the genie app.  I understand this may be confusing but please answer the best you can, thank you!

Model: R6400v2|AC1750 Smart WiFi Router—802.11ac Dual Band Gigabit
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Genie App and security help!!

Hi @EmmyAnn,

You can change the router admin password while keeping the current WiFi password. The router admin password is required to login via the Genie app and make changes to the the router settings. The link below may help out.

http://kb.netgear.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/20026

Regards,

Dexter

Community Team

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4

All Replies
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @EmmyAnn,

You can change the router admin password while keeping the current WiFi password. The router admin password is required to login via the Genie app and make changes to the the router settings. The link below may help out.

http://kb.netgear.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/20026

Regards,

Dexter

Community Team

Message 2 of 4
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @EmmyAnn,

I would like to follow up and check if you are still experiencing the issue.

Regards,

Dexter
Community Team

Message 3 of 4
EmmyAnn
Aspirant

My problem has been resolved, thank you very much!
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi 770 Series