× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
× Introducing the new Orbi 770 Series Mesh System. To learn more click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: How do I setup Netgear R6250 main, and the Netgear DM111PSPv2 as signal booster?

rainbowzeba
Aspirant

How do I setup Netgear R6250 main, and the Netgear DM111PSPv2 as signal booster?

I have a Netgear R6250 and a Netgear DM111PSPv2. The R6250 is in the lower level of my house, but the signal is not very strong in the opposite end, upper level of my house. I was given the DM111PSPv2, and I thought I put it to use to somehow boost/repeat the signal. I've tried to read about how to do that, and I seem to get lost each time. I have only Macintosh computers running Yosemite 10.10.5. I do have an Ethernet cable that is already run from the R6250 to where I want to place the DM111PSPv2. I bought one of those Belkin, range extenders that plugs in to the wall, but it seems to cut in and out all the time. I assume I will retire it if I can get the 2 Netgear routers to work. All the instructions I find seem to be for PC and/or different modems/routers, and inevitibly I always get lost and frustrated. I don't know all the terminology, so please keep it simple.   One other thing, how do I get routerlogin.net to choose one versus the other router? 

Don't know if this is important or not, but...

I have 2 computers (rarely use, so slower connections would be okay) & 2 laser printers, all downstairs, that need to connect via Ethernet. I have 1 MacBookPro and 2 iPads that need to connect via WIFI (usually upstairs). IF it helps/matters I have an old Asante 10T Hub.

Model: R6250|Smart WiFi Router (AC1600)
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
TheEther
Guru

Re: How do I setup Netgear R6250 main, and the Netgear DM111PSPv2 as signal booster?

I looked up the Belkin. Assuming I found the right model, then it looks like it cannot be used as an Access Point.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4

All Replies
TheEther
Guru

Unfortunately, the DM111PSPv2 doesn't have Wi-Fi, so it can't be used as a signal booster.  What's the model of the Belkin?  Maybe it can used as an Access Point.

Message 2 of 4
rainbowzeba
Aspirant

It's a Belkin N600. 

Message 3 of 4
TheEther
Guru

I looked up the Belkin. Assuming I found the right model, then it looks like it cannot be used as an Access Point.
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi 770 Series