× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

I can't figure out how to make my AC 1600 Simultaneous Dual Band Modem/Router stay on 2.4ghz output

ljhnz
Aspirant

I can't figure out how to make my AC 1600 Simultaneous Dual Band Modem/Router stay on 2.4ghz output

Model D6400.
I've read my downloaded user manual over and over again (the downloaded one has more info in it than the documentation that came in the box) and scouring the internet but still haven't managed to lock it on to the 2.4ghz option. The SSIDS are different for each band (same password though). I've activated the "Guest" option which apparantly runs on 2.4 ghz and selected it with my devices but the modem insists on kicking back to 5ghz. I've just bought an IP security camera and discovered after buying it that it only operates wirelessly at 2.4ghz, which started me on the road to changing the output from 5ghz to 2.4ghz - just to make the camera work! Can anyone tell me in SIMPLE terms how to achieve this please? Thanks 😊
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
ljhnz
Aspirant

Re: I can't figure out how to make my AC 1600 Simultaneous Dual Band Modem/Router stay on 2.4ghz out

That was so EASY! Thankyou! I disabled the "Guest" option again - just followed your instructions with regards to channel selection and it worked 😊 I'm positive I tried doing that a few days ago! Lol I tried that much stuff I ended up having to do a factory reset of the modem/router after enabling the "use as an AP" option. (After heaps of web searches I now know why that killed my Internet connection 😅😅)

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3

All Replies
netwrks
Master

Re: I can't figure out how to make my AC 1600 Simultaneous Dual Band Modem/Router stay on 2.4ghz out

Don't leave 2.4ghz channel set to auto. Set to a non-overlapping channel -1,6, or 11. Focus on the cameras. If your other devices are connecting to 5ghz, don't worry about them..

Message 2 of 3
ljhnz
Aspirant

That was so EASY! Thankyou! I disabled the "Guest" option again - just followed your instructions with regards to channel selection and it worked 😊 I'm positive I tried doing that a few days ago! Lol I tried that much stuff I ended up having to do a factory reset of the modem/router after enabling the "use as an AP" option. (After heaps of web searches I now know why that killed my Internet connection 😅😅)
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7