× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Is ORBI AX4200 modem/router CBR750 compatible with the 2-pack RBK752 (router + satellite)?

Beached351
Aspirant

Is ORBI AX4200 modem/router CBR750 compatible with the 2-pack RBK752 (router + satellite)?

I need to upgrade to a faster modem. Would the CBR750 (modem/router) be compatible with my existing RBK752 (router & satellite)? Essentially I'd like to know whether the RBK752 router could act as a 2nd satellite. Thanks for any help.

Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
plemans
Guru

Re: Is ORBI AX4200 modem/router CBR750 compatible with the 2-pack RBK752 (router + satellite)?

No the RBK752 can't be a satellite. 

You'd be better off to just buy a standalone modem. Plus modem/router combo devices get updated by the isp and it rarely happens. Its why we tend to recommend keeping the modem seperate from the router. 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
plemans
Guru

Re: Is ORBI AX4200 modem/router CBR750 compatible with the 2-pack RBK752 (router + satellite)?

No the RBK752 can't be a satellite. 

You'd be better off to just buy a standalone modem. Plus modem/router combo devices get updated by the isp and it rarely happens. Its why we tend to recommend keeping the modem seperate from the router. 

Message 2 of 3
Beached351
Aspirant

Thanks for your help. I'll buy a standalone modem.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7