× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

My Internet LED is solid amber but i have no MODEM

needhelp975
Aspirant

My Internet LED is solid amber but i have no MODEM

My Internet LED is orange/amber i have tried resetting it and looked at tutorials online, yet nothing worked and it says I have to have a modem, I only have a tv and a box I use to watch tv
Message 1 of 7

Accepted Solutions
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: My Internet LED is solid amber but i have no MODEM

Internet Service Provider.

Your model router is getting old. Maybe time to get something new. 

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 7

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

What NG model product are you referring too? 

Ask the ISP to reset or reboot there equipment. 

Message 2 of 7
needhelp975
Aspirant

my model is the WNR2200, i don’t know what ISP is
Message 3 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

Internet Service Provider.

Your model router is getting old. Maybe time to get something new. 

Message 4 of 7
needhelp975
Aspirant

worked just fine an hour ago, i was connecting the tv box but have probably messed something up
Message 5 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

Something to ask the ISP about.

Good Luck. 

Message 6 of 7

@needhelp975 wrote:
My Internet LED is orange/amber i have tried resetting it and looked at tutorials online, yet nothing worked and it says I have to have a modem, I only have a tv and a box I use
to watch tv

The WNR2200 is a router that dates back to 2010. On its own it can't connect to the Internet. It needs something else, usually a modem. Maybe that is the box you use to watch tv. (What is it?) There is certainly something between your WNR2200 and the outside world.

Before you rush off to replace this ancient device – not the most helpful advice without more details to guide your choice – you need to work out how the Internet gets to you. Then pick something that works with the Internet service provider you use to deliver your Internet connection.

If the WNR2200 still works and does what you need, why spend more money? For a start anything wired to it is limited to 100 Mbps. That's slower than many Internet services. Then there is the wifi. It is stuck on 2.4 GHz, which is slower than most mobile phones and other things can use.

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7