× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Netgear AC1750

ngandhi86
Tutor

Netgear AC1750

Not sure what happened but before I was able to view router information and upgrade firmware etc from the nighthawk app however now when I try to login it wont let me change the username. It is defaulted to "admin" username and password I had set up before doesnt work. When I perform "forgot my password" option, it wants me reset the modem which I really dont want to do..

Any help is greatly appreciated. 

Nick

Message 1 of 4
microchip8
Master

You should never do critical firmware updates with crappy apps or WiFi. Too many things can go wrong. Use a wired connection for that

it seems your router has reverted to factory settings. Go to http://routerlogin.net or http://192.168.1.1 and set it up again.
Message 2 of 4
ngandhi86
Tutor

All the settings are there when I checked on routerlogin.net I thought nighthawk app was by Netgear certified.

Attaching a screenshot. Keep getting this error no matter what password I try.
Message 3 of 4

@ngandhi86 wrote:
All the settings are there when I checked on routerlogin.net I thought nighthawk app was by Netgear certified.

It is, but as @microchip8 says, things can go wrong over a wifi connection.

Netgear likes to simplify life with those apps, but people turn up here too often with tales of woe that seem to track back to using an app over wifi. That's why experienced users like to control what is going on:

How do I manually upgrade firmware to my NETGEAR router? | Answer | NETGEAR Support

What router do you have? AC1750 is not a reliable guide to model number. Many devices come with an AC tag, but it is essentially a label that Netgear, and other brands, attach to hardware to describe wifi speeds.

Look at the label on the device for the model number.

Can you access the router using a browser on your app (see the addresses listed by @microchip8 ) rather than an app?

Better still, go in there with a browser and a wired connection from a PC.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7