× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Netgear Router D6220 Firmware update issue

GarryCR
Follower

Netgear Router D6220 Firmware update issue

hi, I have followed Netgear instuctions to update D6220 router to latest firmware, connected to router via wifi and using Genie, downloads 1.0.0.60 ok, then router reboots ( connection reset mesage appears) , but firmware is still 1.0..0.56 ?  repowered router , and still no change ? have tried 3 times no update. do i need to connected to rouer via cable ?

Thanks Garry 

Model: C6220|DOCSIS 3.0 High Speed WiFi Cable Modem Router
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
wcalifas
Prodigy

Re: Netgear Router D6220 Firmware update issue

You should update your router while its connected via ethernet cable. Download the firmware file to your computer and then update it manually. I wouldn't ugrade the firmware to any router wirelessly since you risk bricking it if it disconnects from the wifi at some point.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3

All Replies

@GarryCR wrote:

hi, I have followed Netgear instuctions to update D6220 router to latest firmware

Which instructions? Manual or automated?

Manual is more reliable

How do I manually upgrade firmware to my NETGEAR router? | Answer | NETGEAR Support

You might get more help, and find earlier questions and answers about your hardware, in the appropriate section for your device. That's probably here:

DSL Modems & Routers

Message 2 of 3
wcalifas
Prodigy

You should update your router while its connected via ethernet cable. Download the firmware file to your computer and then update it manually. I wouldn't ugrade the firmware to any router wirelessly since you risk bricking it if it disconnects from the wifi at some point.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7